Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

I got snubbed by a 500 pilot today.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 08:13 PM
EnragedCoconut

Default RE: I got snubbed by a 500 pilot today.

ORIGINAL: wingman75

I always wave to any Mustang but seldom get a response. You have to remember that most Mustang owners are not enthusiasts, especially women.
I wave!!

EC
Old 06-23-2008, 09:03 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EnragedCoconut

ORIGINAL: wingman75

I always wave to any Mustang but seldom get a response. You have to remember that most Mustang owners are not enthusiasts, especially women.
I wave!!

EC
Have you ever felt intimidated and not waved. I don't blame the ladies for not waving. I give them a chance to wave first and if they don't I ignore them.

It can be dangerous out there. []
Old 06-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

I don't wave at V6 stangs, but If they wave at me I wave back. Now, if i see a GT, Mach, etc. I wave. Theres a black fox near me and we exchange waves quite often, and i saw a red fox pass me and we waved then too, alsoI was with my mom, and a guy with ans197was coming out of a shopping center while we were at a light, and he waved at me while he was turning and i did the same. There was a V6 driving outside my house, while me and another friend were standing out front with our mustangs, and he waved and i did the same..my friend with a fox was like 'if he wants to wave he better buy a GT' The problem near my neighborhood is theres a lot of hispanics, and most of them have ugly *** mustangs, and even the ones that do have decent looking mustangs are like 'wtf' when youknod yourheadat them they get all paranoid and scared.

Thing is, it's not mustang against mustang, it's us, and chevs..and even dodges against those POS Hondas.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:25 PM
99RedStang
2nd Gear Member

I hate that mentality of if it's not a GT or higher than its not worthy of anything. Some of us can't afford GT's. We're still apart of the Mustang club though. If it weren't for the high sales of the sixxers, there would be no higher performance 'stangs.

Now, on to the topic... I always try to wave at other 'stang owners. Some wave back, some don't. I came up to a black Shelby GT the other day and yelled out my window, "That's a badass car," and he revved his engine for me.

One time I was on the freeway and traffic was backed up and this other mustang behind me was trying to get over so I rolled down my window and pointed for him to pulled in ahead of me. He acknowledged me with a thanks. After he got off the freeway and we parted ways, I gave him a salute.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Ato
4th Gear Member

I used to wave at most mustangs I saw but rarely got a wave back. Now it's just for modded and anything from the big three, since then I haven't really gotten snubbed.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

I try to wave/nod but usually they're going too fast in the opposite direction of them to notice or it's some middle-aged lady in a V6 vert (They NEVER wave back).

Managed to catch up with a New Edge GT vert and gave the guy a nod yesterday. Got a smile back. You just can't do that in the Accord or Caravan.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:11 PM
LandryHPS06GT

I also try to acknowledge other stang owners and here on FT. Bliss I usually get a wave back. A buddy was riding with me the other day and noticed all the waves I was exchanging with my fellow stang drivers. He asked me "what is that some kind of Mustang thing, gotta have a mustang to be in the club?" I just smiled at him at floored it... Damn right!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:06 AM
smokenpony
1st Gear Member

We have a car show every Friday night and it's open to all cars, classics to late models. All the late model mustangs park together in one area and it's pretty neat. We have two guys with shelby 500s and they just park by themselves in another area like they don't want to be associated with us *L*
Old 06-27-2008, 03:10 PM
quade420

I @lw@ys give fellow Must@ng guys @ w@ve or @ thumbs up...by the w@y you guess which key is broken...sorry for the @nnoy@nce. I'm @ new member but I've posted he@r before under @ different profile. Been @ few ye@rs though.
aaa
Old 07-06-2008, 05:34 PM
DarkDigital
2nd Gear Member

I've been guilty of the no-wave to "lesser mustangs"
But I do try to wave. I even waved to a new edge v6 recently. Doesnt get more less then that.

Quick Reply: I got snubbed by a 500 pilot today.