Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

I got snubbed by a 500 pilot today.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:43 PM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

Default I got snubbed by a 500 pilot today.

I was turning right to get on the highway as he was turning left in behind me.
He had a Torch Red GT500 with white stripes so I gave him the thumbs up and he just blankly stared at me barely acknowledging me.
On the highway he crept up slowly beside me and I waved at him, he just looked at me and then looked at my Stang and slowly pulled off. [>:]
What a douchbag, why is it that some people think theirs smells sweeter then most? [:'(]

My Mustang was looking very clean and shining brightly in the sun today, I like to believe he was so blinded by the shear glory on the Windveil Blue that he was speechless.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:56 PM
DetroitCrow

Default RE: I got snubbed by a 500 pilot today.

ORIGINAL: JRT1

He had a Torch Red GT500 with white stripes so I gave him the thumbs up and he just blankly stared at me barely acknowledging me.
On the highway he crept up slowly beside me and I waved at him, he just looked at me and then looked at my Stang and slowly pulled off. [>:]
What a douchbag, why is it that some people think theirs smells sweeter then most? [:'(]

My Mustang was looking very clean and shining brightly in the sun today, I like to believe he was so blinded by the shear glory on the Windveil Blue that he was speechless.
First off LOL at that last comment..
I've seen other stangs (s197) and look at them like hey we are in the same "Club", but I was starting to think I was the only one thatthought thistill your post here...
Old 06-18-2008, 08:59 PM
metlcub
2nd Gear Member

Some people are just Snobs like that. I had a older like a 99 Mach 1 pull next to me, and he did the same thing when I waved.. then he stomped on it and so did I. he either 1 cant drive, or that Mach 1 was running like doo doo casue I blew him away.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

MOST stang owners are trying to outdo each other from what i see around my area. I try to wave to everyone. There is a blue stang that i see all the time in boynton beach middle age guy with gt500 rims and i always wave at him and he does the same.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:03 PM
pat123
3rd Gear Member

What a jerk!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:05 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

It was me

Last thumbs up I gave was mistaken for a middle finger I think [>:]...
Old 06-18-2008, 09:06 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: metlcub

Some people are just Snobs like that. I had a older like a 99 Mach 1 pull next to me, and he did the same thing when I waved.. then he stomped on it and so did I. he either 1 cant drive, or that Mach 1 was running like doo doo casue I blew him away.
you mean a 2003 or 2004 Mach 1[>:].....but yeah thats the problem with the new GT500's.....alot of rich a@#holes buy them because its a status symbol/new hot commodity (the averegae joe cant afford a $60,000 car) and SOME of them arn't real Mustang enthusiests but just a rich guy who added another hot expensive car to their fleet of vettes and lexuses and could give a Sh#t as to the Mustang "culture" part of owning a Mustang.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

me and a v-6 vert exchanged waves today... so just someare a$$e$
Old 06-18-2008, 09:25 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

I was thinking of starting this same type thread!

I've passed quite a few s197 owners lately, both V6 and GT's and I wave at all of them and I can't remember the last time they've waved back.Maybe some of them are pre-occupied but I know a lot of them just look at me like I'm crazy.

I get more "love" from non-mustang owners that talk to me at the gas station while I'm pumping gas or fellow school parents that find out that red stang in the parking lot is mine.

This is no joke - don't get it. JRT - you're not alone in this.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JRT1

probably the same reason some GT owners downplay V6 owners. Or Cobras/Mach 1 owners downplay GT owners and vice versa. just a-holes that have a rich car and don't acknowledge mustang enthuasists.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I got snubbed by a 500 pilot today.