Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Get a load of this! KR 100K

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 08:02 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Get a load of this! KR 100K

I don't think it's worth it either, to a collector maybe, but not for me.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:06 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CroDalmatinac

You would think for the 80k+ the fat pig on wheels is going for, Ford would at least shave the antenna and paint the mirrors. If you buy that for 100k, I'm sorry, you have to be the dumbest person on earth, collector or not. The car is useless in other than a straight line and NO Mustang on god's green earth should cost that much. I bet it STILL had the rusted headers, driveshaft and rear end. You call that 100k worthy?
I was thinking the exact same thing, guess the extra 50 grand gets you a hood, some unique stripes, a shifter, and CAI kit. ooh, probably a tune too. guess you could get 3-4 GT's for that and do things your way
Old 06-26-2008, 08:18 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: funtimesalways

You would think for the 80k+ the fat pig on wheels is going for, Ford would at least shave the antenna and paint the mirrors. If you buy that for 100k, I'm sorry, you have to be the dumbest person on earth, collector or not. The car is useless in other than a straight line and NO Mustang on god's green earth should cost that much. I bet it STILL had the rusted headers, driveshaft and rear end. You call that 100k worthy?
I was thinking the exact same thing, guess the extra 50 grand gets you a hood, some unique stripes, a shifter, and CAI kit. ooh, probably a tune too. guess you could get 3-4 GT's for that and do things your way
I find it extremely funny that you of all people say that. Becuase you paid extra money for a shelby GT that is nothing more than a GT and some addons that can be had for under 32k total and have more power than your shelby[&:]

I think we can all agree that you can buy a gt and make it what we want for a lot less than a Shelby GT, GT500, KR or SS. There is no doubt about it. But like i said, your car wouldnt be 1 of 1000. To collectors that means something, no one is buying a KR for a DD. Many will never see the road for a cruise even. They will be strictly something put in a showroom probably.

I love the GT500 and would love to own one eventually, even if i can put a supercharger and a body kit for 10k less that the 50k the GT500 would be. I would still want the real thing.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:23 PM
CFLstangGT
2nd Gear Member

i'm kinda tempted to trade the gs and the gt in on one and drive the hell out of it as a DD.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:53 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ORIGINAL: funtimesalways

I find it extremely funny that you of all people say that. Becuase you paid extra money for a shelby GT that is nothing more than a GT and some addons that can be had for under 32k total and have more power than your shelby[&:]

for the record, i paid 29,500 for the shelby, due to factory rebate, 07 bought in 08, military discount, and refrences from friends saved me lots. is is that price really all that different than most GT's?
Old 06-26-2008, 08:57 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

for 29500 that is a great deal.....but they retail for 37-39.........so using your discounts you could have bought a GT for like 20k and then put a s/c in there and still be cheaper than the shelby
Old 06-26-2008, 09:10 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

i suppose i could have just got the gt for cheaper, proably about 9-10 grand or so. even if i am paying 9 over a gt, its a smaller margin then 46 grand for a gt500 to 100 grand for a KR. i know there are other variables, limited to 1000 probably being one of them. i dont know who said it, but "a steed for every need" was said alot around the ford books. i suppose the lambo price of a mustang is justified by that. i would say the majority of us buy mustangs to drive, play with, have fun, show off, whatever but it involves getting out of the garage. it just dosent fit the bill of "mustang" to me. on the other hand, it looks nice, but i would leave that sticker on the window of it if i was paying that
Old 06-26-2008, 09:23 PM
tungsten07
2nd Gear Member

for a factory car with around 750 hp that happens to be a limited edition shelby i think the price is justified.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Dragon Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tungsten07

for a factory car with around 750 hp that happens to be a limited edition shelby i think the price is justified.
750 HP?????? Where did you see that?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:41 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

http://www.mustangheaven.com/stangsp...lbyGT500KR.htm

its 540. maybe he is talking about the super snake w/ kenne bell, that sounds like 750

Quick Reply: Get a load of this! KR 100K