Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

The Best Way to Custom Order a 08/09 Ford Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 07:32 PM
carm218

Default The Best Way to Custom Order a 08/09 Ford Mustang GT

Has anyone every purchased/leased a custom ordered Ford Mustang in the Detroit Metro area? I have been reading blogs on this site for several weeks in pursuit of my first Mustang GT. After reviewing the stock that the local dealerships have to offer,I found myself not liking certain aspects of the Mustang GT offerings. For example, I am not crazy about the grill with those giant lamps in the center grill, the upgraded 18" chrome wheels (cylinder 5 star), and the front and back fascia's.

I would like to custom order a Mustang GT with the Shelby GT500 front and rear fascia, the Super Snake hood (now available), and the 20" Super Snake Alcoa wheels.

Many dealerships do not even want to speak to someone about custom orders because they are too busy trying to sell those on the lot. I am told body kits are not residualized which makes the payment unbearable.

I don't entirely understand the logistics which goes into selling/leasing a Mustang but pricing on a Mustang GT fully loaded with the Cali Special package versus a Mustang GT minus some accessories to account for my mock ups end up around the same price. However, I am being quoted about 200 additional per month with my mock ups even though the purchase price is the same.

Can anyone provide me with some words of wisdom and hopefully point me to a local dealer who is known for custom orders. I seem to know more about custom orders then the sales people I am dealing with.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:48 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: The Best Way to Custom Order a 08/09 Ford Mustang GT

your problem is that with fatory orders such customizing is difficult for the dealership...might be your best bet to go with the cheapest GT you can find with the interior you prefer and then change out the exterior...

Front Fascia = 1500 painted
Rear Fascia = 700 painted
Super Snake Hood = 1100 painted
Alcoa Wheels = 2000 for 4 of them

all in all you would end up paying around 5300 for it all... I think the dealership is gonna tell you that these things also have to be ordered separately and added on there by their body shop...therefore it might be cheaper for you to just buy all the parts separately

check with your dealership about custom ordering and how much it's gonna cost
Old 06-26-2008, 10:17 PM
carm218

Default RE: The Best Way to Custom Order a 08/09 Ford Mustang GT

I appreciate the feedback. I was hoping to avoid the hassle of the upgrade after the fact. In addition, I was looking to handle the financing up front because I can not see myself spending that kind of money as a seperate purchase. I am sure that would not fly with the wife.

However, I might just take your advice as I am not getting the answers that I was hoping for from the dealerships.