Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

How did you get your first mustang ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:14 AM
MustangFanatic44
Salad Farts

was with my ex that had a sn95. and we were out cruising
I've always liked the s197s and wanted one.

We'll i finally snapped and said to my dad
Dad i want a mustang
"Will you co-sign for a new mustang for me"
So we went to the dealership and i was like a retard at chucky cheese

bought my stang and i was soooo happy
Old 09-15-2008, 09:49 PM
reaper620

well mine is a standard 1970 coupe. there isn't a whole lot of extras that I know of. it has a 302 v8, it is an off color white that I don't like too much. I am going to fix it up and when I do it is going to be smokin.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:10 PM
dw32005
2nd Gear Member

I had a 1997 thunderbird from 16 to about 3 weeks ago, have always wanted a mustang but couldn't afford it. But this summer i finally got the money for a down payment. i was lookin at a used 06 and my parents went out to look at some cars for me. Dad ended up gettin a real good deal on a new 08. So we drove down to the dealership and now its in the driveway.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:51 AM
WhiteSN95

When I was 6 years old, my parents were looking for a new car. This was the first car they would ever buy that was brand new off the lot. We had narrowed it down to two cars. One was a grey 5.0 LX Hatchback and the other was the same but blue. So my dad looked at me and asked me "Which color do you like more? Blue or Grey?" At that age, blue was my favorite color, so blue was what I had picked.

Nearly 16 years later, I needed a car badly and the mustang we bought had been sitting for some time. My father decided to fix it up for me so that I had something to drive. I had never driven a manual before, so now it was time to learn. I learned to drive it and I have never driven anything more fun in my life. I ended up totaling it six months later. I don't know who wanted to cry more when we lost that car. My dad, or me. My dad still has the entire drive train of the car stuffed in a crate in his garage.

Almost a year later, I bought the one I have now. She's only a V6, but I still love her.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:28 AM
mustang country
2nd Gear Member

I was driving a '94 Ford Probe for over 10 years and when it was giving me problems, I told my parents that it was time for me to get a new car. I decided on two option, either a Ford Mustang or a Dodge Charger. So late December of '06, we went to the Ford dealership and I immdeiately fell in love with the Mustangs. WHen the dealer showed my a 2007 Vista blue Mustang, I knew that was the car I wanted.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:51 PM
Junior OTard
Banned

Yeah I had a 94 v6 mustang but it blew a head gasket and it sucked, then my dad wanted a mid life crisis toy and I was getting ready to graduate so we found my car and when I got home from work it was parked in the garage with a giant red bow on it.

Freakin love my GT.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:18 PM
cjayy2008
1st Gear Member

Love the stories !!
east87 , very nice car love the red interior
eight433 amazing job on your mustang , looking brand new
orion 240 , great job on the car cant wait to see more upgrades
mustangman03 speedstang06 reaper620 loved your stories and your mustangs :P
stellaronotte thanks for sticking around loved you story as well
Old 09-22-2008, 06:40 AM
MsBlur
1st Gear Member

The summer of my 16th bday, there was an antique car auction in our hometown. I had been working and saving since I was 12 as my parents had already said they were not buying us cars. With not a lot of money, I was hopeful that there would be something at the auction that I could pick up fairly cheap. I had always love Mustangs and my boyfriend at the time(now husband) was driving a '70 Boss 302 so the itch was pretty bad. I ended up getting my 64 1/2 Cascade Green 289 vert for a song and as they say, "the rest is history!" This was many years back, but we both still have those cars and over the years, have added 4 more to the stable.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Renegade V6

My first car was a 1965 Mustang after my sister hit a tree with it. I did the repairs myself. I traided that in for a used 73 Mustang from a Dodge dealer. I HATED the changes to the car after that... When I saw the 2005 I had to get the new body style. It took me till 2007 to get one but I did. Its a V6 but I've added the dual exhaust and cai is soon to come.
Ford Motors,PLEASE dont make the same mistake as in 1974..........
Old 09-25-2008, 12:30 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Worked my @s$ off for a long time lol. Had been looking for about 8 months and decided I was gunna buy one (had about 12k in the bank) took my parents, mainly my dad to look at it and went home. Two weeks later my parents surprised me with the car and paid for half best deal I ever got, haven't looked back since. Oh and she's 2 at the end of October lol

Can honestly say i've never been more surprised in my life, but man I smile thinking about that day it was so awesome, day she came home

Last edited by EagleStroker; 09-25-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Quick Reply: How did you get your first mustang ?