Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2010 Return of the 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 07:29 PM
swoosh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TMLFAN
Hey everone, I do not know if this has been posted before me but you can see the 2010 Mustang from Ford here, TONIGHT!!!

http://www.fordvehicles.com/the2010mustang/
+1

On the order guide from the site, it doesn't look like much new is being done, just the addition of a CAI and the adaptive computer (essentially the Bullitt), resulting in 15hp boosts to performance.

Interesting color choices though, including the Boss blue (yes, that's off topic, oh well)
Old 11-17-2008, 09:31 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

Ford released the new Mustang now.... 315 hp 4.6L V8
Old 11-17-2008, 10:18 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

i just wanna cry after seeing the 15+ thanks ford!!! hope santa dosent visit ford this year
Old 11-17-2008, 10:29 PM
kinglasher
2nd Gear Member

wwwoooooowwww well at least i wont upgrading. Time to mod the hell outta the 07 :P
Old 11-18-2008, 12:18 AM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

Wow i jsut saw the video and +15 horsepower! are u ****ing kidding me... **** you ford! im
Old 11-18-2008, 02:26 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Thanks for the link!
Seen a few interesting things in the footage. You'll need to hit Pause several times. First, it looks like the center fog lights have been given the same treatment as the new Challenger's headlights. The 2010's headlight bucket has got lots of stuff going on in there!
The mirrors are now 2-tone and the antenna has been moved to the back passenger side. I can't tell if it retracts, which I doubt, but it isn't straight up and down and 3 feet long any more. Is it rubber? I don't like it there as it gets in the way of that nice curve.
From the front it looks like the bottom of the facia, along with the side running panels are now black.
At the end of the video you can change the colors and turn the car around! Yeah! We got Grabber Blue! I like an easy-to-see color and the Sunset Gold metallic seems a little too pimpy. Sterling Grey Metallic looks to be a very cool color. Pair that with the new Saddle interior color... nice!

Let's see: sequential taillights, cup holder cover, lockable storage in the center console, Sync stereo, capless fuel filler system, map pockets on the backs of the seats, interior trunk release, 19" wheel options... they've got things I've wanted to see, while still keeping the price down. Not too bad.

BTW, to the above poster... why don't you try a Chevy?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:06 PM
shoepolishsmelling
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Orion_240
Thanks for the link!
Seen a few interesting things in the footage. You'll need to hit Pause several times. First, it looks like the center fog lights have been given the same treatment as the new Challenger's headlights. The 2010's headlight bucket has got lots of stuff going on in there!
The mirrors are now 2-tone and the antenna has been moved to the back passenger side. I can't tell if it retracts, which I doubt, but it isn't straight up and down and 3 feet long any more. Is it rubber? I don't like it there as it gets in the way of that nice curve.
From the front it looks like the bottom of the facia, along with the side running panels are now black.
At the end of the video you can change the colors and turn the car around! Yeah! We got Grabber Blue! I like an easy-to-see color and the Sunset Gold metallic seems a little too pimpy. Sterling Grey Metallic looks to be a very cool color. Pair that with the new Saddle interior color... nice!

Let's see: sequential taillights, cup holder cover, lockable storage in the center console, Sync stereo, capless fuel filler system, map pockets on the backs of the seats, interior trunk release, 19" wheel options... they've got things I've wanted to see, while still keeping the price down. Not too bad.

BTW, to the above poster... why don't you try a Chevy?
+1 dude its not the end of the world realistically this is probobly the best move for ford right now dont leave the 09's in the dust because with 400 hp in a 2010 who would want to buy all the stock that is left over
Old 11-18-2008, 04:55 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05slpGT
Wow i jsut saw the video and +15 horsepower! are u ****ing kidding me... **** you ford! im
If you'd been paying attention to the 40-something 2010 threads in this section lately, you'd know that the new motor lineup isn't going in until 2011. The 2010 is just an exterior refresh and an interior overhaul. I think they've done a really good job with the GT. The interior and new options alone would sway me away from an 09 purchase. Now I'm just waiting to see what Ford has in store for the 011's go-fast department.....so I can decide if I need to buy a For Sale sign for the 05.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:20 PM
2005mach1
4th Gear Member

I work at Ford, and saw the 5.oL 4V yes 4V
Old 11-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I got a question. If they are redoing the Mustang in 2011 will it still have the 2010 body?
It seems a little weird that they would bring out a new engine and not a new body... or a new chassis? Or is IRS still never going to happen?

Quick Reply: 2010 Return of the 5.0