Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

No more complaining about not enough power in the 2010!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 02:48 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default No more complaining about not enough power in the 2010!

Okay, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick and tired of all the whining about how the 2010 Mustang can't compete with the new Camaro.
They managed to get us the extra 15 hp that the Bullitt gets, which took 4 years!

If you want more power there are plenty of options for adding it to the 4.0 and 4.6 engines! These are tried and true methods that folks have been doing for the past 4 years. Superchargers, turbos, etc will get you down the track in a lighter car than the Chevy and you won't have to add the cost to the finance charges.
How many of these complainers are even able to put forth the big $$$ to buy a new Mustang with a 5.0? Or 351? Or 5.4?

Ford did the right thing. They gave the 2010 a proven engine which keeps their production costs down. If you want the power just tell your dealer to add the Power Package and you'll have enough HP to make any "new" Camaro jealous.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/the2010mustang/
Old 11-18-2008, 03:17 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Ya thanks for saying what I have yet to say. Plus more power will come.

NOTE TO ALL WHO CONTINUE TO HATE ON THE NEW MUSTANG....NAMELY (ALOT OF)THOSE WHO OWN MUSTANGS PRODUCED POST NEW EDGE GENERATION:

I'm so tired of all the hate towards the new car. The S197 is a great looking car and so is the new 2010 version of it. The interior is worlds better then the S197; more organic looking interior, looks more like the '67/'68 interior it is attempting to emulate, way more features and by far the best part....a soft to touch dash, no more hard plastic.

The exterior is different but not that different. I can understand a person liking the current exterior better but can't understand one loving one while hating the other.

Some of the posts disgust me on this thread, especially when you consider that this a site for mustang fans! Check out how much people like it at leftlanenews.com and they are for the most part neutral car enthusiasts.

For those think the new Mustang will (for the first time) have trouble outselling the new Camaro, listen to this. Although the 2010 Camaro has been hyped much longer then the 2010 Mustang, the '10 Mustang has out searched the '10 Camaro on google 5:3!

Good job FORD!!!

Old 11-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
The S197 is a great looking car...
this is nice to hear from a fox body owner

but i agree... the only things i dont like about the 2010 looks wise is the flat black grille pillars and the funny looking tails. i wish i could get that interior....

315 was obvious, im sure they just added a CAI and tune. I'm relatively certain they are putting more power in a new special edition
Old 11-18-2008, 09:42 AM
guitar00dude
1st Gear Member

im not going to put down the '10... it is cool looking.. the lines do repesent the old models more i believe.... Ford had to of went in this direction to try to gain new buyers or those who did not like the s197 for interior purposes.. because it is not a big jump for me to let go of the 07... unfortunatly i believe this may of happened with th 98-99 tansition and deff the 04-05.... the 09-10 is probably the samllest change i know of in a mustang line(other than 86-87)... the 98-99 was pretty big cause the 99 had new heads.. the 04-05 was huge for obvious reasons... if anything this reminds me of the 86-87.. to trade in a car for a better interior.. a cold air intake and a strut tower brace is out of question for me.. now if there was a new special edition for '11 with 5.0 or anything.. maybe ill think about it... but i cant see many ppl trading an 05-09 for a 10... maybe just those who are crazy about having the newest thing around

Last edited by guitar00dude; 11-18-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

I like the new mustang and I own an S197 . Let's get real here, what did you expect them to do try and replicate another older mustang in the new model? They made the right decision looks wise with the interior and exterior.
HP wise they have always been lower than the competition with the GT model, but there is always the saleen(I think this one) supercharger for the GT that's covered under the factory warranty or for $8k-$10k more than the camaro you can get the GT500.
I love pretty much everything about the new mustang. $1k increase in base price, new sharper looks, little more hp, and a couple more factory options. Perfect decision if you ask me.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Nice to hear from people who are Mustang crazy! And not plain crazy! Trading up might be a little crazy for me right now, but when I see the new colors and experience the car in person this Friday (or Thursday if I can make it) I might be doing something a little KooKoo if I can get enough for a trade-in.

http://laautoshow.com/SneakPreviewNight.html

I guess falling gas prices has really made those hungry for more power want to take us back to the muscle car era. But would they really pony up (pun intended) the $30,000+ for a Mustang with 400 hp base engine? Maybe a few, but not enough for Ford to bother. Those "more powerful" Camaros? Wait until you see the prices!

I just don't get why I haven't seen any excitement about all the new features. Maybe we have to demand that any complaining come with a compliment?

I'll start that by saying how much I appreciate the engine knowledge of those hungry for more horsepower and that I hope they can share their immense wisdom with Ford on how to beat Chevy in the power wars while still maintaining the modest MPG ratings Ford needs to comply with!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:42 AM
shoepolishsmelling
2nd Gear Member

the pony looks a little tighter and the interior is awesome whats not to like with another addition to the mustang family
Old 11-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Ato
4th Gear Member

It's still growing on me. There are a lot of new options I would like to have in mine but the changes visually I'm not solid on yet. I'm sure that will change though, especially w/ the aftermarket.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:51 AM
2005mach1
4th Gear Member

Just wait for the eco boost V6-it it great and worth the wait
Old 11-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

have you seen the 3 engine options they are going to have for the new Fusion?
Plus they now are bringing out a hybrid Fusion. A little late, but with hybrid prices still holding they might sell every one.
I still think they should have a hybrid option for the Mustang. Imagine how many hybrid convertibles they could sell in California alone!

Quick Reply: No more complaining about not enough power in the 2010!