Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

I am sick of this.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Going for broke
2nd Gear Member

Great photoshop. The rear 1/4's on the new car made the lack of style on the s197's quarters come to life. All it needs imo is a nice decklid hugging spoiler to make it look great. Good job Ford! if you looked at a lot fo the reviews on the s197 they really truly addressed most of them in this new rendition. Better brakes, suspension, axle ratios...
I'm Glad I'm a leaser so when I turn my 08 in march of 10 I'll know by then whether I'll want to wait for an 11 or go with a 10.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:48 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Agreed with everyone, that is one sexy black philly. With nice rims and a modest ride drop this car will be a looker. I sort of agree that the use of the dark grey plastic on the grill pillars is a bit cheesy. It would look fine, though, if painted to match the body color. I'm sure that's gonna be a popular mod with 010+ buyers in the future. Or heck, even if they used a material that looked less cheap I wouldn't mind. Having the grill pillars darkened does give the whole front end a more recessed, aggressive look........especially on the lighter colored cars. I just don't approve of the material used.

Ah well, I'm just nitpicking. I'll be happy to park one alongside my 05 in the next 2 or 3 years.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

so... are the 350Z owners complaining about the new 370Z?
ha ha
Old 11-20-2008, 10:00 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

In general I like the new design, the interior is sweet, sequential led tails are nice, I like the hood, the new short antenna in back is also nice, although getting rid of it altogether would have been even better.

But what I really like are pictures so big I have to scroll left and right just to read posts.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:26 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

as an s197 owner i like it, too. as i've posted on some of the other threads, can't stay retro forever. i think it is a nice evolution to a more modern look with retro cues.

more hp is coming... and its msrp is still about $3k less then the camaro and, regardless of hp, it will still match or outperform the challenger.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

The interior is overall a step forward although it isn't perfect. I don't like the vents being a mix of square and round like that. Tach on right side is a huge improvement for manual drivers.

Front end is so-so, sides are nice, and rear is hideous. I do agree with tim though that they couldn't stay "retro" forever. This is an evolution not a revolution and they did what they had to do - make it a bit more modern/sleek yet still maintain some of the retro styling that has been such a hit.

As for the Challenger R/T it's close to a toss-up performancewise. The R/T is probably a tiny bit quicker than the GT but the cost is a bit more. MSRP on a Challenger R/T is around $32K after you put some options on there.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:53 AM
iROK24/7
2nd Gear Member

This all reminds me of a Keith Richards interview from a long time ago..

He said every time the Stones came out with a new album the critics would say it SUCKED.. a year later, they'd review the NEXT album and write "if only it was as good as the album they came out with last year!".. go figure!

Oh, yeah.. almost forgot.. I LIKE the 2010 body contours!

Last edited by iROK24/7; 11-21-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:22 PM
SNAFU
Tech Challenged Member

Although the powertrain is a disappointment, the new changes look good IMO. When you see one on the road, the car will be readily identifiable as a MUSTANG.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:23 PM
zektor

I spent 30 minutes adding silver stripes yesterday. They are a bit rough, but it gives you a good idea on the look...

Cheers
Dazza
Old 11-21-2008, 07:59 PM
cruizinallday

lol funny thread

Quick Reply: I am sick of this.