Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

The Roush P-51B

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

Default The Roush P-51B

So, based on the information on the front page about the Roush P-51B Mustang, at $67,000 how does it size up dollar for dollar with similarly priced performance cars? The GT-R is only what, 10,000 more?
Old 11-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

With Ford you will have a warranty though which if you track the car or are even rough on it on the streets FoMoCo will fix it. The same cant be said of Nissan who says if you use it for what it was built for, you lose your warranty..hmm..67000 vs 80000 x how many broken cars??? I'd go for the stang.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:00 PM
JayRolla
1st Gear Member

I dont know nissan has always made good cars and there warranty is not as bad as you say. I know a lot of infinity owners.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:34 PM
lemmer

Is it with any Ford warranty? say if i blow rear diff racing and it's still under warranty, they'd fix it?
Cause after i brought my mazda speed6 to dealer for the second time with broken bolts on rear diff (normal aggressive driving, no racing) they told me if that happens again, they'll get mazda legal (or something) involved...
Old 11-24-2008, 08:22 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Like all of Roush and Saleen's top breed ponies.........it's a rich man's Mustang. A turn-key pre-built hotrod acquired thru a premium price. That's fine for those who have the money to throw around on one. I can't afford it, so I built my own.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:07 PM
sprinklerdr

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Like all of Roush and Saleen's top breed ponies.........it's a rich man's Mustang. A turn-key pre-built hotrod acquired thru a premium price. That's fine for those who have the money to throw around on one. I can't afford it, so I built my own.

Rich mans car, indeed! It is now owned, along with the P-51D "Old Crow" it is patterned after, by a Big Dog at Scotts Lawn Company. If anyone wants some pics of the P-51D, I have them when I was there this summer. Trust me, the Mustang looks great, sounds better, and looks ready to battle. Alas, it is a garage queen collecting dust only to have said dust blown off by owners son or groundsman when going to get washed or for fuel.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayRolla
I dont know nissan has always made good cars and there warranty is not as bad as you say. I know a lot of infinity owners.
my buddy has owned 3 nissans (don't know why he keeps getting them). he has had dealership issues with all of them and the dealerships don't like to warrant their items.

He just had a TSB on something on his car, brought the car in, they made him pay $700 to get it fixed and said the TSB covered something else with no further explination.

Nissan = nice styling
Nissan = will work on pricing
Honda = Best overall (dealerships kiss ur as*)

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone that owns a Nissan has issues, but from what I have seen in the past 10 years they owned Nissan cars (with over 3 different dealerships involved), its safe to say I will never own one.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:05 PM
allenfre

It's really frustrating when you are in a Nissan dealership and they make you feel like they are trying to stay away from the warranty they should cover. Specially the Nissan 2002 Altima owners lol
Old 12-13-2008, 11:00 PM
MustangEnthusiast7

I would say it's worth it dollar for dollar.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:20 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
With Ford you will have a warranty though which if you track the car or are even rough on it on the streets FoMoCo will fix it. The same cant be said of Nissan who says if you use it for what it was built for, you lose your warranty..hmm..67000 vs 80000 x how many broken cars??? I'd go for the stang.
Correct, Nissan will look at the computer, and if they decided you were racing the new GT-R they will not honor the warr.

The P51 (like all Roush products) retains the Ford/Roush warr even after you hit the track - which is what is what they are made for. It's not as much of an all out track car like the Drag Pak or Track Pak, but still a nice performer for the $$.

Quick Reply: The Roush P-51B