Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Anyone feel let down?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 08:57 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Unhappy Anyone feel let down?

the long wait for the 2010 mustang gt is over.......all the talk and rumors ended up being 15 horses and 19" wheels.......has ford lost there mind????
Old 11-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

they kept saying 2011 would be the new drivetrain, i wasnt expecting much this year i guess.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:19 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I was expecting less. They did ok on the front half of the body, and made the rear of the car look out of place. I knew that the performance wasn't going to be improved at all. IMO the interior is better.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:31 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

yeah all i like is the interior, the exterior is just out of wack.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:49 PM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

Interior is definitely better. Shortly after all the magazines said the upgraded engine would be in the 2010 Mustang, it changed to 2011... so I wasn't expecting the engine upgrade yet. I would love a 5.0L in 2011 ... and I'd REALLY love if they did the 6.2L like the magazines were claiming.

Keep in mind the curb weight on the GT is about 3500 lbs. About 650 lbs lighter than the Challenger, and about 350-420 lbs lighter than the Camaro SS depending on which transmission the Camaro has. That's a pretty big weight advantage... the Stang doesn't need as much HP to get moving.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:12 PM
kcobra
2nd Gear Member

Ford tends to do this kind of garbage all the time. Do you remember when the ford 500 came out? 210hp or some lame *** hp for a heavy car. Then they change the name, try a still ugly styling update, and finally add power. If they would have had the power when they first introduced...then it would have been a hit. As far as the stang goes...the *** end is butt ugly! I hate all that black plastic at the bottom. The side is nice, hood..not bad (a la BMW M3) front..ok...inside...very nice, engine....what a disgrace. I know they will sell like hotcakes but when I do upgrade..it will be to a used 05-09!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:45 PM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kcobra
Ford tends to do this kind of garbage all the time. Do you remember when the ford 500 came out? 210hp or some lame *** hp for a heavy car. Then they change the name, try a still ugly styling update, and finally add power. If they would have had the power when they first introduced...then it would have been a hit. As far as the stang goes...the *** end is butt ugly! I hate all that black plastic at the bottom. The side is nice, hood..not bad (a la BMW M3) front..ok...inside...very nice, engine....what a disgrace. I know they will sell like hotcakes but when I do upgrade..it will be to a used 05-09!
I hate the plastic around the bottom too! This new mustang looks more like a honda than a mustang. Ford really screwed the outside up. The front end isn't bad. I kinda like the hood. Just not sure what to think of the rear. It would look a lot better without the plastic on the bottom. What was Ford thinking on that?!? The mustang has enough plastic on the inside. It doesn't need anymore on the outside!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:48 PM
ideal_mustangs
4th Gear Member

I didn't like it at first, but its really starting to grow on me. As with most new models, it will just take time.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:55 PM
mustangfan410
The 2014 Mustang Forums T-Shirt Design Winner

Originally Posted by shockme76
This new mustang looks more like a honda than a mustang. Ford really screwed the outside up.
i think you were looking at the wrong car, it looks like a mustang!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:15 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

***!!! Stop crowding up the section with "I hate the 2010" threads. Dipsh*t! There are already atleast five of these threads. Did you not see them or did you think that your opinion deserved a whole new thread?!? Go to those threads and post. I'm convinced that LS1tech forum members are creating accounts here and posting this stuff. We do not need 5 threads with the exact same topic. They should be deleted by an admin or atleast linked to each other. This whole section is now a clusterfuk!

Quick Reply: Anyone feel let down?