Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Why doesnt the 2010 Mustang have more power? I have an idea...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 01:24 PM
RedDevilSC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Orion_240

Personally, I'd like to see Ford custom build Mustangs like a new Boss or Mach I, but make the customer order the cars. Building lots of 400 hp Mustangs and hoping they will sell isn't going to work in the current market. Offering us the choice of engines and suspension packages will allow us to tailor the cars to our needs.
I think that would be one of the smartest things Ford could do at this point. However I won't get my hopes up. None of the big 3 automakers have been known to do ANTHING smart as of late.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:23 PM
HoorayBeer
2nd Gear Member

i hope there is no boss mustang. if i cant have it, no one can.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:30 PM
HoorayBeer
2nd Gear Member

i hope there is no boss mustang. if i cant afford to have it, no one can.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:27 PM
306stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Orion_240
Personally, I'd like to see Ford custom build Mustangs like a new Boss or Mach I, but make the customer order the cars. Building lots of 400 hp Mustangs and hoping they will sell isn't going to work in the current market. Offering us the choice of engines and suspension packages will allow us to tailor the cars to our needs.

+1 you took the letters right out of my hands
Old 11-24-2008, 07:51 PM
jmstang66
2nd Gear Member

agreed ^ what they said...have customers custom order their mustangs
Old 11-24-2008, 08:12 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I've said it before........I'll say it again: If there's any truth to this 400ish hp "Coyote" 4V 5.0, I'm getting whatever it is offered in. I don't care if it's a new Mach1, Boss, or just an upgrade package for the standard GT.

But I do agree on one thing with you last few fellas...........Ford might do alot better offering lots of performance package options for the GT rather than trying to build a new specialty model. Don't know if it'd be more cost effective, but it would allow ppl who don't care about performance to still pay a low price for their GT while giving us gearheads an avenue towards creating our factory beast-pony. A return to the old days of building your Mustang from the ground up at the factory wouldn't be a bad thing for us enthusiasts. Just don't hold your ********** breath.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:30 PM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

If you think about it they are kind of already offering a Mustang between the GT and GT500... the Mustang GT w/ Supercharger option :P
Old 11-24-2008, 08:42 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Yea, but guys like me are ready for Ford to up the ante in the motor department. We've been saddled with the 4.6 for 12 years now....I think its time for a change. I don't care if they make a much more sophisticated motor or if they just offer us more cubes......just do something. I can tolerate a low cubes motor if its something really well put together and capable of putting out some good numbers.......a real screamer with lots of modding potential. I just want them to offer us something more than a slap on go-faster package deal.

I love my 3V as much as the next S197 owner, but the motor has served its due, and is deserving of a suitable, more capable replacement.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:43 PM
MartyVice

custom buliding would not work in todays world.

Today everything is done by machine and having to tailor to every different option for every different Mustang built would cost way to much.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:21 PM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

If you build the 5.0 4V.....they will come!! But Ford also needs to start building and selling more little cars!! People now a days are going for the cheaper, smaller, more fuel efficient cars!!!! They should really stop making huge SUV's if hardly anybody is buying them anymore!! The Fseries trucks are the best selling automobile in the world...... maybe not anymore since gas prices keep jumpin up and down like crazy!! Bottom line is build more fuel efficient cars!! Stop production on SUV's (make them special order or something) and u can still keep the mustang and put whatever engine you want in it and not worry about not selling any and going broke....AGAIN!! They are putting to much pressure on the mustang sales...like if the mustang is their last hope!! Put pressure on yourselves to build new fuel efficient cars and you will be rich again!!

Quick Reply: Why doesnt the 2010 Mustang have more power? I have an idea...