Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

stang getting more power

Old 06-21-2005, 04:44 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: stang getting more power

the '06 is exactly the same car as the '05 with the exception of a couple of color changes and different rims.

expect to see something a little extra for '07.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:05 AM
gregsdart
1st Gear Member

If you want to predict the future, look to the past for a referance. Any major increase in Hp in this decade won't come on the base model, it will come on a Mach 1 or some upgrade.(read $$$) . The base model may see a few extra ponys down the road, but nothing major. I expect Ford to release new packages over time, probably a blown 4.6,(to keep fuel economy for the Corp average) but it might get a few more cubes, like 5.0 and stay normally asperated if the fuel economy is there. That is my guess and I am sticking to it!!
Old 07-01-2005, 02:25 PM
fnkyscotty
2nd Gear Member

Yeah...that original 1st quote was pretty reDickulous...but hey thanx 4 trying....
Old 07-27-2005, 04:28 PM
powerkord
2nd Gear Member

mabye this guy was just thinking of the 07 svt, or some other special edition mustang. Either way Id say this idea was pulled outta thin air. Or mabye MustangGT3420 is a representive hired to leak fords secrets to create a buzz among mustang owners, but I seriously doubt it. What a schmuck![sm=shutup.gif]
Old 07-27-2005, 07:07 PM
justingt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doobs

think about it though...those chargers arnt lighter than a 05 and its a sedan (extra weight)
[sm=exactly.gif] The LIGHTEST charger is the V6 coming in at 3800lbs....v. the GT's 3450lbs.(3500 for AOD) Plus that V6 model has only 250 of both TQ and HP. The Daytona R/T (fastest trim line) is 4031 (2 ****IN TONS!). Think about it tho guys the hp to weight ratio in both the 05 GT and the 05 charger is the SAME...the torque to weight ratio in the 05 charger is 10.7 and in the 05 is closer to 10.8. Now I am defenitely not a mopar guy I am simply stating a fact that charger should not be underestimated...we should thank our lucky stars it wasnt a coupe or it would kick the **** out of a mustang. However i'd take a mustang over a charger any day SO MUCH MORE POTENTIAL and you get more respect in the coupe then in the sedan.

Now I was pretty pissed that dodge made the charger a sedan but i dont place all the blame on them. It's these god damn consumers who want bitch fast cars....to take the family of four on road trips with.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:19 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ORIGINAL: justingt

think about it though...those chargers arnt lighter than a 05 and its a sedan (extra weight)
[sm=exactly.gif] The LIGHTEST charger is the V6 coming in at 3800lbs....v. the GT's 3450lbs.(3500 for AOD) Plus that V6 model has only 250 of both TQ and HP. The Daytona R/T (fastest trim line) is 4031 (2 ****IN TONS!). Think about it tho guys the hp to weight ratio in both the 05 GT and the 05 charger is the SAME...the torque to weight ratio in the 05 charger is 10.7 and in the 05 is closer to 10.8. Now I am defenitely not a mopar guy I am simply stating a fact that charger should not be underestimated...we should thank our lucky stars it wasnt a coupe or it would kick the **** out of a mustang. However i'd take a mustang over a charger any day SO MUCH MORE POTENTIAL and you get more respect in the coupe then in the sedan.

Now I was pretty pissed that dodge made the charger a sedan but i dont place all the blame on them. It's these god damn consumers who want bitch fast cars....to take the family of four on road trips with.
yeah well if the stang was a del sol, it'd be lighter too. also, thank your lucky stars that stangs are not del sols.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:50 PM
justingt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

ORIGINAL: justingt

yeah well if the stang was a del sol, it'd be lighter too. also, thank your lucky stars that stangs are not del sols.
What's a del sol?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:02 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

some kind of civic-esque abomination.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:01 AM
justingt
3rd Gear Member

OOO i thought it was like a certain type of car...now i know what you mean but im afraid u miss interpreted my meaning but w/e it's too late to argue lol
Old 08-22-2005, 09:44 AM
torchred05V6mustang
1st Gear Member

guys

100 hp is not true at all. why do u think after add a new engine in 05 mustang and start all over with a new one in a year? they are going to add something called pony option where they can add mini fog lamps for v6 and so forth (by the way is horrible) and adding 18" rims for gt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: stang getting more power