Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

GM down the tube

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 03:15 AM
Caddstang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: GM down the tube

ORIGINAL: 82gt351w

YEs that is why i'm currently laid off, i make SUV frames for GM big gas guzzling SUV vehicles talk about making the wrong thing at the wrong time. GM is hurting. I hate to say it but mabye they need to bring the camaro out of hibranation to save them as the mustang did for ford so many times. I know it's still gonna suck the gas but desperate times call for......well you know the rest.

well believe it or not, SUVs have been GM and Fords most profitable products for over a decade now so you can't blame them, it all about supply and demand and obviously demand for SUVs are falling and therefore less SUVs will be produced which is a good thing. For what its worth GM is working on a new hybrid system for the upcoming GMT900 tucks and SUVs so thats something to look forward too.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:36 PM
DaMach04
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Caddstang

ORIGINAL: 82gt351w

YEs that is why i'm currently laid off, i make SUV frames for GM big gas guzzling SUV vehicles talk about making the wrong thing at the wrong time. GM is hurting. I hate to say it but mabye they need to bring the camaro out of hibranation to save them as the mustang did for ford so many times. I know it's still gonna suck the gas but desperate times call for......well you know the rest.

well believe it or not, SUVs have been GM and Fords most profitable products for over a decade now so you can't blame them, it all about supply and demand and obviously demand for SUVs are falling and therefore less SUVs will be produced which is a good thing. For what its worth GM is working on a new hybrid system for the upcoming GMT900 tucks and SUVs so thats something to look forward too.
Yes it is, but it is my understanding that in thepast Hybrid systems have not been very powerful motors so they are going to have a tuff time convincing someone to buy an underpowered truck or SUV b/c a lot of people get them as work horses. Those that use them as everyday drivers will still purchase but they will not be very good in the work force.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:18 PM
CIZ58
1st Gear Member

you want GM to die? thats the stupidest thing ive heard
GM is a major part of the US economy and their losses are bad for their company as well as america as a whole
whoever no one will be able to buy them even in the near future because it is still the largest automaker, depsite its recent losses
read the May 9th issue of Business Week its all about GM's current follies
Old 06-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

i would not be suprised to see toyota or nissan take them over.

This is probably one of the dumbest things ever stated by anyone on this board. Yeah, I'd like to see Toyota or Nissan even try to take a bite of the largest automobile manufacturer in the world.

Old 06-06-2005, 07:01 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I dont believe they will crash... but I do foresee some problems trying to sell a $80,000 Corvette. I mean... the last Zo6 was only $55,000. The new one may be the most powerful ever (like the last one) but what in the name hell are they thinking?
Old 06-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

"2006 Covette Z06 features carbon fiber and composite body and sub floor pieces, which is astonishing compared to its bargain price of $65,000. Its Aluminum chassis hosts world-class suspension and drive train, and features a magnesium engine cradle. The rear body is made in such a way to accommodate massive 19*12 inch Eagle F1 Super car tires."
Old 06-06-2005, 09:53 PM
2001 GT
1st Gear Member

Well considering Toyota is already the biggest automaker by market value, has more cash on hand then anyone, and is supposed to surpass GM to take the #1 spot in under 3 years, It not that crazy of a thought. Though nissan is nowhere close.....

Old 06-06-2005, 09:55 PM
2001 GT
1st Gear Member

I hope they rebound, my town will be f'ed up if they dont.

That new buick lacrosse is actually pretty nice, I was suprised by it. Sucks if they cut it already
Old 06-07-2005, 12:50 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Sidewayz6.0

"2006 Covette Z06 features carbon fiber and composite body and sub floor pieces, which is astonishing compared to its bargain price of $65,000. Its Aluminum chassis hosts world-class suspension and drive train, and features a magnesium engine cradle. The rear body is made in such a way to accommodate massive 19*12 inch Eagle F1 Super car tires."

Ok... $65,000. Whats the stock C6 going for? If you look at it as a whole you really cant get a GM sports car for under $36,000 including TTL. Thats where they have been going wrong for years and Ford outselling the hell out of them. Thus the reason the F bodys went down. [&:]
Old 06-07-2005, 03:07 AM
87FiveO
2nd Gear Member

fords not far behind gm......Jaques nasseur blew away fords reserve money buying out luxury brands that flopped like volvo and land rover.....Gm still have enough reserve to run the company for 2 yrs ford got 0. The government would never let ford or gm die down its to big a part of are falling apart economy

Quick Reply: GM down the tube