Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

We could get spanked by a Taurus.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:56 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I will take a mustang over a SHO any day and sure the stang would win in a race...we will see!
Old 03-29-2009, 05:25 AM
MustangDen68

Originally Posted by danzcool
This is more about Ford putting out a competing line to the charger SRT-8 and Pontiac G8 GT, and of course all the import power sedans.
Bingo! I was hoping by the time I got through the posts someone would have hit on this. Guys, the SHO (and Taurus in general) is not built to compete with Mustang or any other Ford product. But there is a alot of Sedans out there (that sell well) with bigger performance than what Ford currently has (save for the P.I. CV), and the Taurus SHO is a refreshing announcement for those of us who need a sedan in addition to our beloved Mustangs. My wife's car is currently a Fusion SE, but when the time comes, I will certainly encourage her to consider a new Taurus as it's a grealt looking car. In SHO dress with those engine specs, even better. As for the price, I am sure these will be mid 30's at the dealer level. That's not really too bad considering the average higher equipped minivan say from Honda, Chrysler or Toyota sells for about the same. A sedan is more appealing to me (even with kids piled in the back seat).
Old 03-29-2009, 11:33 AM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Why doesn't Ford put the SHO's engine in the Mustang then? I raced a friend who has an old SHO the other day and it was a TIE. It's sad because his car is 15+ years older then mine but still keeps up like that.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:00 PM
low11s
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 0NF1R
well said, just doesnt make sense for ford to make a grocery-getter more powerful then their best-selling sportscar....
I just checked out your photobucket pictures. Your car is what a Mustang is suppose to look like. That is a true "head turner" that was done tastefully. You didn't over do it, and you weren't conservative about it either. Perfect balance in my opinion. Your car makes me proud to own a Mustang. Keep up the good work
Old 03-30-2009, 01:25 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by low11s
I just checked out your photobucket pictures. Your car is what a Mustang is suppose to look like. That is a true "head turner" that was done tastefully. You didn't over do it, and you weren't conservative about it either. Perfect balance in my opinion. Your car makes me proud to own a Mustang. Keep up the good work
Wow, that was way off topic... Could of sent that through PM or commented his pics...

Anyway, The SHO will be sweet, and no it won't be faster than the Mustang.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:49 PM
GTCritter
1st Gear Member

i think what someone before said is the way to look at it. the gt500 is the top line mustang. that will more than defeat any other ford product on the market from the factory. i think it's interesting when ford decks out a model. i've always liked the lightning for instance.