Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

The value of American Auto Jobs

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:16 PM
jc92073
1st Gear Member

Default The value of American Auto Jobs

I know people on here drive American cars, but this might be interesting to your friends that drive imports....

www.levelfieldinstitute.org/fact_kit.html
Old 04-01-2009, 08:28 PM
FordEngineer
2nd Gear Member

Well done. Good find.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Great info. By going bankrupt, things could be disrupted in all of the businesses that deal with the auto makers and make them go out of business. Horrible, horrible. One thing that could make this much better is having the oil companies bail the auto makers out.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:49 PM
bpark8824
2nd Gear Member

The whole deal is just a mess. The thing is, now in days its more so a global economy. If a major country (China, Japa, Canada...) had a big recession it would effect us. If everyone only bought American cars and Toyota started to lose all its buisness Japan's economy would start to drop and in turn ours would too. Although I would never buy anything but an American car, the idiots that do buy Toyotas are necessary to keep the global economy a float. Plus Toyota is responsible for thousands and thousands of jobs here. So if Toyota has to start shutting down plants because everyone only buys American cars, it makes our citizens here lose their jobs and in turn hurt the economy.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:28 PM
jc92073
1st Gear Member

If you travel the East or West coast I think you will see there in no chance Toyota will go BR. What I would like to see is American companies get back market share. I think if most Toyota drivers would at least test drive a Ford the would see that they boring Camery is nothing special. Everyone made a lot of bad cars in the 80's, but the quality gap is not there anymore. Cars and trucks are one of the few products made any more where you have a choice to buy Amarican.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 AM
bpark8824
2nd Gear Member

I know Toyota won't be going bankrupt any time soon but I was just using it as an example. If everyone were to start only buying American cars, and Toyota started going down it would effect of country and economy.

But you are right. Most Toyota drivers don't realize Ford and GM can make as good if not better family vehicles. The new Ford Taraus and the Chevy Impala are nice cars. I think they are a lot nicer than the Camary. This year MotorTrend had the f-150 as the best truck followed by the Ram, Silverado, and then the Tundra and Titan. That should tell people something that American automakers are on top of their game these days even in the hard times they are having.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jc92073
I know people on here drive American cars, but this might be interesting to your friends that drive imports....

www.levelfieldinstitute.org/fact_kit.html
While I support the idea of American jobs and American car companies, this is clearly just a partisan website developed by auto dealers on how to provide persauding information to doubters. Right on the sight it tells dealers how to sell this idea to doubters.

"How to steer consumers in the right direction.
America's auto dealerships alone employ more than one million Americans, which is why dealership owners and managers like you play such a large role in your community.

Level Field believes that auto dealerships like yours can also play a critical role in encouraging U.S. jobs and investment. One easy and effective way to do this is to share our JPC scores and automaker scorecards with the car buyers that visit your lot. Whether you sell Fords or Hondas (or both), you have an interest in promoting your brands' contribution. We also believe that a "just the facts" approach is critical to serving your customers responsibly."

Last edited by Ato; 04-02-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Well, the most disturbing thing in that whole info piece is every one of the American car makers puts in 9 times more R&D than Exxon. That shows Exxon is just piling the money up in their pockets. Oil companies are the ones who should be bailing out the car companies anyway.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:44 PM
bpark8824
2nd Gear Member

The oil companies make billions in PROFIT. I never understood how they could make themselves filthy rich and makes us poor.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

^^^because noone is there to look over their shoulders and take some of that money back...

Matthew

Quick Reply: The value of American Auto Jobs