Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

brand new KR at brandon ford....$68K

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 08:13 PM
ahddm
2nd Gear Member

GT/CS is mass produced nothing special about it anymore. KR was limited quantity and so is the SS. The way I see it now Roush is building cars with a heritage same Shelby was in 60's that is why they'll be worth something.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:09 AM
i8acobra
2nd Gear Member

There's thousands of Roush's on the road and nothing unique about any of them. The KR is limited, but not in high demand. It's not desirable now and won't be in the future. The SS is much more limited, but it's so expensive new it'll never go up in value. It might not lose value as quickly as a KR, but it will lose value. The reason why the old muscle cars are so valuable now is that they're rare, desirable and were very cheap when new. Most of the "specials" back in the 60's were only 10-20% more expensive than the pedestrian versions. If the KR was 10-20% more than a GT500, it might go up in value.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:13 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by i8acobra
There's thousands of Roush's on the road and nothing unique about any of them. The KR is limited, but not in high demand. It's not desirable now and won't be in the future. The SS is much more limited, but it's so expensive new it'll never go up in value. It might not lose value as quickly as a KR, but it will lose value. The reason why the old muscle cars are so valuable now is that they're rare, desirable and were very cheap when new. Most of the "specials" back in the 60's were only 10-20% more expensive than the pedestrian versions. If the KR was 10-20% more than a GT500, it might go up in value.

i dont think anyone knows the future, i could never get my crystal ball to work. it may take 50-60 years for these cars to come back up in value,just like the older cars we see now days, but i would say they would be coming up in value. over the next 50-60 years these KR's will die off also from wrecks and hurricanes and other things that destroy cars,leaving the remiaing ones more valuable. even the roushs that are still around 50 years from now will be valuable.its all about supply and demand, if the cars from today dissapear then the remaining cars will become more desired and more valuable. even the 20 year old corevette you talked of,give it another 20 years and see where it is, there are still too many of them out there.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:22 AM
i8acobra
2nd Gear Member

You don't have to have a crystal ball to know the formula that makes a true collectible. Stickers and a few bolt-on parts from the factory ain't it.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:08 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

You don't have to have a crystal ball to know the formula that makes a true collectible. Stickers and a few bolt-on parts from the factory ain't it.

true,i forgot that a KR is just some stickers and bolt on parts. we can argue all day long about what the future will be for the KR but the facts are neither one of us know. im just going off what the old KR's sold for, the 68 KR's are sold now days (40+ years later) for around $250,000 (quarter million dollars) and there was 1200 produced. the newer KR has 1000 produced. lets see how much they are worth 40 years from now for those stickers and bolt on parts.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:15 PM
kzgtr

some crazy markup on that car...
Old 06-18-2009, 09:05 PM
i8acobra
2nd Gear Member

The old KR's were collectible from day 1. I don't believe they ever sold for 25% off of sticker... like the new ones.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:15 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

The old KR's were collectible from day 1. I don't believe they ever sold for 25% off of sticker... like the new ones.
i have no idea what they sold for back then,a few years before my time. supply and demand will always determin price,if enough rich f$cks want them and theres not enough to go around then the price will go to the moon.the new ones are collectibles as well, any time they only make pre determined amount it usually makes it a collectible.40 years from now even the plain jane gt500 will be worth a pretty penny,hard to see that now,but someone with money will need one to complete his collection of cars and that guy will pay top dollar for a mint 40 year old gt500. i know a guy who bought one of the first 2007 gt500's,it has 150 miles on it now,lol,sitting beside it is a 67-68 gt350 all original with 40k miles, he claims its worth over $100k.i dunno, im sure i would never be able to afford anything in that price range,even 40 years from now,lol.its all about supply and demand and the guy with the most money will win.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:05 AM
i8acobra
2nd Gear Member

There have been many, many limited cars that aren't worth squat today. Back in I believe '72, there were 11 different versions of the Challenger. All of them sold in limited numbers. How many of those '72's are collectible? How many of the '72 models can you even name?
Old 06-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

There has to be huge demand for any car, even a limited run car to be worth anything. The collectible muscle car era came to a screeching hault in the 70's.

I don't imagine any of the Shelby's being able to rake in big bucks in the future. The muscle car 'culture' is entirely different now, they were going for $30k over sticker and now the GT500 can be had for invoice or less.

Tell me exactly what Shelby did to design the car and why their name should rightfully be on the car?

I don't know much about the KR, but they simply aren't worth the money.

Quick Reply: brand new KR at brandon ford....$68K