Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

I saw a new SHO out and about...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

Default I saw a new SHO out and about...

and got some decent pictures thanks to amanda!

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-8...HO-on-the-road

it seemed pretty quick from a roll, although it was only beating up on my 15 second stratus..
Old 06-24-2009, 01:14 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Very nice car. More of an entry level luxury ride with some uumph than a proper sports sedan. I didn't realize just how big the new Taurus' had gotten until recently when I saw one on at a local dealer. I'll go ahead and agree with what I've heard a number of other ppl say: an ecoboost powered Fusion would have been more in keeping with the spirit of the original SHO than this. The new Taurus is just too big and heavy for that SHO badge to really mean anything. Now, of course, I would really like to see how well this car moves out once someone starts pushing up the boost.....but I doubt we'll see any buyers for this car hotrodding one anytime soon.

So...yep. Ford.......an AWD ecoboost Fusion ST.....please.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

yeah..its big...and it sits very high up.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:08 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

wow that thing is bmw-like
looks cool.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:24 PM
MuscratGT99
1st Gear Member

Looks nice, golf clap for Ford.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:30 PM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

Wonder what the performance #'s on them are as far as 1/4 mile times? If the base price on them is 38k, they will be more of a SRT8 Charger competitor, not a R/T. I like the front end alot, looks like a german car sorta. The rear is a tad too awkward for me though.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:56 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Sorry Die-Hard Ford Fans, but for that price I'd take a new Lancer Evolution. I didn't take time to look at the Luxuries of that SHO but if I were spending 37-38K on a car ford speed and Luxury I'd probably go with a used BMW or something equally fast and probably more luxurious.
In a way I'm happy to see the SHO back in business but it really should be Evo/STI competition...
From the numbers I googled I saw one say: 0-60 in 5.2 and 1/4 mile in 13.7...

Obviously this car is made for the "Family" and to know that your family car can kick almost everyone elses butt, but it really should be faster than that for the price tag it has. I can see how Ford wouldn't want to make it faster than a Mustang GT, or even pushing the GT500 territory but the times are just a little odd to me.

Last edited by maxshuty; 06-24-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:27 PM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

I remember a while back reading something about them detuning the engine and lowering boost to prevent the transmission from breaking or something.

Its a twin turbo car from the factory....

if anyone wants to make the thing fast, im sure its not much more than a few bolt ons, increasing the boost, and tuning it to make it beat up on GT's all day
Old 06-24-2009, 07:11 PM
bpark8824
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by maxshuty
Sorry Die-Hard Ford Fans, but for that price I'd take a new Lancer Evolution. I didn't take time to look at the Luxuries of that SHO but if I were spending 37-38K on a car ford speed and Luxury I'd probably go with a used BMW or something equally fast and probably more luxurious.
In a way I'm happy to see the SHO back in business but it really should be Evo/STI competition...
From the numbers I googled I saw one say: 0-60 in 5.2 and 1/4 mile in 13.7...

Obviously this car is made for the "Family" and to know that your family car can kick almost everyone elses butt, but it really should be faster than that for the price tag it has. I can see how Ford wouldn't want to make it faster than a Mustang GT, or even pushing the GT500 territory but the times are just a little odd to me.
This car is in no way supposed to be like an evo or sti. For some reason I don't picture the person buying this car to be broadside on some dirt back road, or doing typhoon donuts in a snowy parking lot.... Or racing rx7s, civics, supras... you get the point. They are not targeted towards the same audience.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:12 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by justinschmidt1
I remember a while back reading something about them detuning the engine and lowering boost to prevent the transmission from breaking or something.

Its a twin turbo car from the factory....

if anyone wants to make the thing fast, im sure its not much more than a few bolt ons, increasing the boost, and tuning it to make it beat up on GT's all day
I wish ford would just man-up and put better trannys in or whatever else and get a really fast car stock out of the factory. I realize it costs more but for 38K It shouldn't break the bank too much.

This car is in no way supposed to be like an evo or sti. For some reason I don't picture the person buying this car to be broadside on some dirt back road, or doing typhoon donuts in a snowy parking lot.... Or racing rx7s, civics, supras... you get the point. They are not targeted towards the same audience.
I realize they aren't targeted towards the Evo/STI audience but I'm just saying that if it were ME I'd buy an Evo or STI for that price, obviously different people have different views

Quick Reply: I saw a new SHO out and about...