Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

New mustang orders being delayed to fulfill clunker orders??!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 04:15 PM
CrysDark

Default New mustang orders being delayed to fulfill clunker orders??!!!!

Just got off the phone with my dealer, Placed order on 07-14-09, called today as we are approaching 6 weeks with no VIN.

Dealer informed me that becuase of cash for clinkers Ford is pushing production of qualifying vehicles over non qualifiers. He told me he had a new order for a Taurus delivered in just under three weeks.

I'm so pissed, not only does my taxes pay for these people who were irresposible to get new cars, now my order placed long before clnkers even started is getting the shaft. I'm about ready to demand my deposit back....
Old 08-21-2009, 05:30 PM
i8acobra
2nd Gear Member

How is someone who's trading in a clunker irresponsible?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:35 PM
CrysDark

I just feel jipped that I bought a fuel efficient car that is over ten years old now, and someone else who bought a hummer is able to take advantage of this program. I feel angry that my tax dollars are going to reward someone who made that decision.

I feel enraged because I put down hard money. The companies are so scared the government is going to screw them, they have decided to screw their existing customers.

The wife and I are going to talk about withdrawing our deposit and maybe stretching a bit for that Lexus we liked but thought was out of our price range.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:06 PM
i8acobra
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CrysDark
I just feel jipped that I bought a fuel efficient car that is over ten years old now, and someone else who bought a hummer is able to take advantage of this program. I feel angry that my tax dollars are going to reward someone who made that decision.
CFC applies to any vehicle that gets under 18mpg, not just gas hogs. A '98 Mustang GT qualifies for CFC.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:11 PM
S197winstang
3rd Gear Member

I am with you dude. This is America-- You put down the cash you should get your goods with new enviro bs delays.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

First come, first serve should be how it is. You gave them your money, they should give you your car.

Matthew
Old 08-21-2009, 09:02 PM
i8acobra
2nd Gear Member

Ford makes vehicles in batches, not one at a time. If Mustangs are not in high demand, they don't get made. If they have a ton of Mustangs on the "ready lot", they don't get made. Your's will get made in the next batch, whenever that is.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:42 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Buying a Hummer = Irresponsible

lol.

No other dealerships have '10s on their lot nearby?
Old 08-24-2009, 09:20 PM
AtlanticBlue_98GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Buying a Hummer = Irresponsible

lol.

No other dealerships have '10s on their lot nearby?
The ford dealer here doesn't have 1 2010. At least not up front, to showcase.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:29 PM
03_GT_Reaper
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CrysDark

I feel enraged because I put down hard money. The companies are so scared the government is going to screw them, they have decided to screw their existing customers.

The wife and I are going to talk about withdrawing our deposit and maybe stretching a bit for that Lexus we liked but thought was out of our price range.
Just throwing this out there incase you are misinformed but you have to own your vehicle outright in order to qualify for CFC. And no one in their right mind would take 4500 for trade in on their hummer that is worth 3 times that amount in most cases.

Quick Reply: New mustang orders being delayed to fulfill clunker orders??!!!!