Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

How does GM get away with this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 04:23 PM
ichiro51

Default How does GM get away with this?

GM marketing campaign lets customers return cars for full refund
Read comments (1) Recommend Share
Associated Press
DETROIT — General Motors Co. says it will allow new car buyers to return their vehicles within 2 months of purchasing them for a full refund if they're not satisfied.

The program is part of a sweeping, new marketing campaign, called "May the Best Car Win."

The automaker says it will help prove that its vehicles are competitive when it comes to quality and performance.

GM will allow customers who purchase a new vehicle between Sept. 14 and Nov. 30 to return it for a refund within 31 to 60 days from the date of purchase.

The offer applies to brands such as Chevrolet, GMAC, Buick and Cadillac.

Pontiacs are not eligible for the program as the company is phasing out the brand. Leased vehicles are also ineligible.
===============
Since cars lose a big chunk of their value when they are driven off the lot, GM is looking at a big potential loss I think. It's basically a 2 month test drive!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:07 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Hmm...I wonder if those two months contribute towards your credit rating?
Old 09-10-2009, 08:01 PM
i8acobra
2nd Gear Member

Fine print is that in order to return the car, you must first prove you bought something else from a competitor. So, this only works for people who have the credit or cash to temporarily have two cars while they return the GM.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

General Motors Co. says it will allow new car buyers to return their vehicles within 2 months of purchasing them for a full refund if they're not satisfied.
Can we have them return the handout the taxpayers gave them too, if we're not satisfied with their performance as a company?

Sorry, I'm still bitter about keeping a failed company afloat on the taxpayer's dime knowing we'll never see it all paid back. Especially given the fact that that they were still down 20% in sales during the Cash For Clunkers period....

Originally Posted by i8acobra
Fine print is that in order to return the car, you must first prove you bought something else from a competitor. So, this only works for people who have the credit or cash to temporarily have two cars while they return the GM.
That's the way I see it. It's really smoke and mirrors more than anything practical. They want someone to think that if they can offer this guarantee, then they must be good cars. In reality, very few people will be able to meet the fine print.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Yay, another way to spend my money for a car I dont want, wont drive, and will never own...

Matthew
Old 09-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Mustang Boy
3rd Gear Member

Cool

yes the fine print probably has stuff in it like you lose so much money for every mile you have driven and any damages that the car may have sustained while you were driving it and so forth
Old 09-13-2009, 10:43 PM
sacubri

I think this is enough .....
I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way
Old 09-14-2009, 02:17 AM
HoorayBeer
2nd Gear Member

"quality." gm has been fine on initial quality but after a year is when the problems start to occur.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Dearborn

Looking at the customer quality reports on the net, Mustang has beaten both Camaro and Challenger, so I think this is a reincarnation of what Daewoo were doing in the UK three years or so ago before GM bought them out.

It's another marketing scheme to try and get your hard earned cash of you, think it would be very hard to get your money back as a FULL refund, I'm sure someone will try the scheme out as a way of renting a car for a month or two but will then come unstuck when the time comes to argue for a full refund.