Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

ford engineering sucks?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 12:03 AM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

You better be buying an E9X M3 and not an E46, or you will be really disapointed. With your current mods, you will pull away from an E46 M3. HP per liter means nothing. HP per lb of vehicle weight is much more important. the corvettes have terrible hp/liter ratios as well, but they still whip most car's asses b/c of the power/weight ratio. All those cars running high compression ratios wont respond as well to turbos or blowers like our cars do.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:09 AM
GeritGoul
3rd Gear Member

personally...i think this is the reason ford has the biggest aftermarket...sell an underpowered V8/V6 on purpose and open a market for parts...

wambam thank you ma'am we have to biggest aftermarket for this shizz..

of course this is just an idea i had...duno if it really means much though or what they would gain out of it? ? anyone know if ford gets something from a company if they make an aftermarket product for their cars? ?
Old 10-14-2009, 01:31 AM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GeritGoul
personally...i think this is the reason ford has the biggest aftermarket...sell an underpowered V8/V6 on purpose and open a market for parts...

of course this is just an idea i had...duno if it really means much though or what they would gain out of it? ? anyone know if ford gets something from a company if they make an aftermarket product for their cars? ?
Yeah this is what I love about the Mustang. Endless aftermarket parts. Also engine mods actually produce lots of power for our car. Unlike Imports, where you can only pick like 10hp with a I/E/H from s2ks or RSXs.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:05 AM
sponkey21
1st Gear Member

How many people have commented in here and nobody has said the two biggest points.

1. the 4.0 is really really really old.

2. anyone who thinks for actually is incapable of making a motor put out high amounts of hp/liter is a moron

the v6 mustang has been the bargain mustang for a long time. Next year that changes, but someone mentioned earlier, apples to oranges, dude.

the 4.6 is capable of a whole heck of a lot more than 300. There are guys out there putting down 800hp I am very sure. Ford makes motors that are capable of a lot, detunes them for maximum reliability and affordability, and sells them to us. Anyone with a brain can buy one for cheap, tweak a few things, and have an insane car. Its fantastic and very competitive with what it has. Oh yeah, and just driving a car with a lot of torque around town on a daily basis, so much more fun than a turbo supra. Its all about where the power is and if you use that part of the power band regularly.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:36 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sponkey21
How many people have commented in here and nobody has said the two biggest points.

1. the 4.0 is really really really old.

2. anyone who thinks for actually is incapable of making a motor put out high amounts of hp/liter is a moron

the v6 mustang has been the bargain mustang for a long time. Next year that changes, but someone mentioned earlier, apples to oranges, dude.

the 4.6 is capable of a whole heck of a lot more than 300. There are guys out there putting down 800hp I am very sure. Ford makes motors that are capable of a lot, detunes them for maximum reliability and affordability, and sells them to us. Anyone with a brain can buy one for cheap, tweak a few things, and have an insane car. Its fantastic and very competitive with what it has. Oh yeah, and just driving a car with a lot of torque around town on a daily basis, so much more fun than a turbo supra. Its all about where the power is and if you use that part of the power band regularly.
So true. When I got my gears installed the shop had their highest hp dyno graph on the desk, it was a Supra that made almost 900hp to the wheels. I noticed that it didn't even make 300hp until ~5500rpm, then from there to ~8500 it picked up another 600hp. It's crazy but when can you ever wind out a car like that on the street?
Old 10-14-2009, 05:23 PM
w1ck3dr1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kpaulhus
It might as well be. Thats where its going to end up. Just sent there and dumb asses like this give us a bad rep.

i'm sorry it hurt your butt so much, don't get spun up so quick it's just a post. i won't get caught up in a e-thug debate. also, i don't know where the vtec thing came in, i never said i was going to get a honda.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by GeritGoul

No, they don't. So, your logic would be good if Ford actually made any real aftermarket parts that an aftermarket modder might really want. FoMoCo has only really capitalized on the aftermarket stuff the last couple of years and with the 2010 mustang where they actually offer OEM warranties on performance parts like an SC or track pack option etc. Up until the 2010 (even an 09) a Rousch S/C only had a 1 year warranty on it. Granted, it did not void the factory warranty but the SC only had a one year. Now the 2010 rousch option has a 3 year warranty just like the rest of the car. If it's purchased at the time of the car and installed by the dealer.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:47 PM
sponkey21
1st Gear Member

I don't think he was saying that Ford has the largest selection of aftermarket parts, he was saying that the Mustang has the largest selection aftermarket parts available. Ford does not have to build any aftermarket parts for this to be true.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:33 PM
GeritGoul
3rd Gear Member

ahhhh...yeah, i meant the ford mustang......it was just an idea i had..nothing really solid to prove it but i never really cared...i love my mustang regardless of how much power it has
Old 10-15-2009, 05:53 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by kpaulhus
You can GTFO with this stupid post. Seriously. This is a TECH scetion. Not a place to come and b1tch about how you think your car sucks compared to import crap. Post in the right section and sell the damn car if it bothers you so much. Im sck of the damn S197 tech being the laughing stock of this forum because of dip **** posts like this.
It no longer in tech as I moved it......
Originally Posted by w1ck3dr1
i'm sorry it hurt your butt so much, don't get spun up so quick it's just a post. i won't get caught up in a e-thug debate. also, i don't know where the vtec thing came in, i never said i was going to get a honda.
Agreed and the debate can continue but stay factual and thick skinned guys....its just the net and the mods will clean up the TECH or lack there of in the S197 sections.....

Quick Reply: ford engineering sucks?