Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Ford's Economic Plan Proves to be Sucessful

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 09:53 AM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Default Ford's Economic Plan Proves to be Sucessful

Looks like Ford's move to avoid government loans and bailout money was a smart one.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091102/.../us_earns_ford

Early trading up 10%

No loans to repay later, no stigma of being a company on welfare, quality improving, 5.0 & 3.7L in the Mustangs coming...It's gonna be a good next few years!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:31 AM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

hell ya always good to see good news about ford makes me proud that I am a part of the ford family
Old 11-02-2009, 10:41 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Thats great news. Just means we will still have our tire smoking fun cars built.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:07 AM
mustangcat

GM 1st quarter '09: -6 billion
Ford 1st quarter '09: -1.4 billion
Gm 2nd quarter '09: -6.3 billion (corrected)
Ford 2nd quarter '09: +750 million
GM 3rd quarter '09: -115 million
Ford 3rd quarter '09: +997 million
Old 11-02-2009, 12:29 PM
RogerDodger1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangcat
GM 1st quarter '09: -6 billion
Ford 1st quarter '09: -1.4 billion
Gm 2nd quarter '09: -6.3 billion (corrected)
Ford 2nd quarter '09: +750 million
GM 3rd quarter '09: -115 million
Ford 3rd quarter '09: +997 million
I think it safe to say that the third quarter numbers were artificially inflated by the horrendous cash for clunkers program. The fourth quarter figures will fall on their face again.

Obama needs to get it through his thick skull that companies don't need any other government assistance than to just lower the amongst the highest, punishing corporate taxes in all the world. First the government takes the money away in insanely high taxes and then they give it back. Whacked, totally whacked! Don't take that tax money away from corporations in the first place and we will have a real economic boom that will float all boats, put people back to work and increase the amount of tax revenue the government collects because more people will be employed and paying payroll taxes. This isn't rocket science, yet Obama and clan refuse to see what is right in front of their faces, or more realistically, can't because they are blinded by liberalism.

The fourth quarter will be horrendous. Mark my words.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:19 PM
mustangcat

Originally Posted by RogerDodger1
I think it safe to say that the third quarter numbers were artificially inflated by the horrendous cash for clunkers program. The fourth quarter figures will fall on their face again.

Obama needs to get it through his thick skull that companies don't need any other government assistance than to just lower the amongst the highest, punishing corporate taxes in all the world. First the government takes the money away in insanely high taxes and then they give it back. Whacked, totally whacked! Don't take that tax money away from corporations in the first place and we will have a real economic boom that will float all boats, put people back to work and increase the amount of tax revenue the government collects because more people will be employed and paying payroll taxes. This isn't rocket science, yet Obama and clan refuse to see what is right in front of their faces, or more realistically, can't because they are blinded by liberalism.

Marked.

And it's safe to say that GM/Chrysler NEEDED government money to stay afloat. Period. Without that money, both companies would be bankrupt and hundreds of thousands of people would be unemployed. Yes, it was tax payer money; making GM and Chrysler government owned-communist companies....But it was the lesser of two evils. Having that many people suddenly unemployed from company bankruptcy would have only crippled our economy even further.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:24 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

^ very true, GM and chrysler closing everything down, R&D facilities, dealerships, everything related would close and many jobs would be lost.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:48 PM
RogerDodger1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangcat
Marked.

And it's safe to say that GM/Chrysler NEEDED government money to stay afloat. Period. Without that money, both companies would be bankrupt and hundreds of thousands of people would be unemployed. Yes, it was tax payer money; making GM and Chrysler government owned-communist companies....But it was the lesser of two evils. Having that many people suddenly unemployed from company bankruptcy would have only crippled our economy even further.
The Obama administration forced these companies to swallow this bitter pill.

Regardless, the core problem of American companies having financial ills is the oppressive rate of taxes they are forced to pay. This is precisely why so many American companies are relocating oversea's. Our government, that we elected, is driving them out of the country and with it, American jobs. But, the American people don't need jobs, do we? Sigh.......
Old 11-02-2009, 02:17 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

i see where your coming from roger, the government is so f'ed up and the vast majority of americans are so dumb they dont do anything to stop the people who are supposed to be under our control. They should fear us but instead everybody lets them become corrupt and and continue to f up our government
Old 11-02-2009, 05:04 PM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RogerDodger1

I doubt Ford's earnings were because of cash for clunkers... by that logic GM and Chrysler should have made a profit too.

My opinion is that it's because Ford didn't accept bail out money, because they didn't need it... so people decided to buy from the company they think is going to be around to honor their warranty.

edit:
I do agree that Obama and crew are idiots though... especially the people trying to pass this "Health Care" bill... which is loaded with tons of other stuff besides health care.

Quick Reply: Ford's Economic Plan Proves to be Sucessful