Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

I love this car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 12:44 PM
MR_Q
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by replica
This thread is encouraging. At 28, I'm starting to worry if I'll still be able to enjoy the simple things later in life.
Well, once E.D sets in, all you will have left to look forward to are the "simple" things.... and death, lol.

It's always a good feeling when things just line up for the perfect drive.... A fun, empty back road. Perfect weather. The perfect song....

Driving a fun car is always treat, but sometimes, for whatever reason, something special happens and you end up blessed with a memory.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

You'd be surprised how many of us older cuss's are Stang owners. I'm 54 and there are a number older than I am. I did a poll about 1 1/2 years ago titled something like "OLD COOT or NOT OLD COOT". The demographics of members over 50 was pretty surprising.

Both my g/f and I often argue over which Stang we need to take out for our "Stang fix"; my GT (garage queen) or her Pony (DD). My GT usually wins because she gets wet when I open up the Stang. Nothing like a toy that takes your breath away!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:07 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

This is a really great post.

I have to agree...there are days the world gets so daunting it is such a relief to just get in the car and DRIVE.....

Getting in a car that truly lights up your soul makes all the difference in the world. I can understand your appreciation of the mustang.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Sometimes the drive home from work, which is 45 minutes, on a four lane, divided highway that's generally free of traffic, is the best part of my day, regardless of which Mustang I'm driving - the 91 Convertible or the 06 GT. Both of them always put a smile on my face.

I did loan my dad my 06 GT - he bought a BRAND NEW 1970 fastback his senior year, 1971, and later sold it. I let him and mom have mine to take to Lewisville, Texas, for his 39th reunion this year.... I spend 8 hours detailing to show quality the day before...

When he brought it back, I almost had to pry the keys out of his his hand and with the biggest, goofiest grin I've seen on his face in a long time, he said:

"Let me tell ya! THAT CAR puts the FUN back in driving!"
Old 11-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Originally Posted by MR_Q
Well, once E.D sets in, all you will have left to look forward to are the "simple" things.... and death, lol.
O.M.G.! LMAO

Pardon me while I mop the water I just sprayed off my keyboard and monitor.

Let me add: I don't think the pleasure derived from driving an awesome car knows any age group - I'm 36 and there's just something about a Mustang that makes it a time machine - I always feel 10 years younger when I drive one.

Last edited by Batenswytch; 11-05-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:44 PM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

man I know what you are saying I am 35, in the early 90's the fox body's where the rage, i used to race them all the time with my '74 corvette in high school, I always wanted a mustang since then,

last week I bought an '07 gt, its my first mustang, ford crushed it out of the park with this car, sometimes I go out to the garage and just stare at the car, my car is all stock, however as soon as I sit in the black leather seats and look out over that old school looking dash and turn the key and hear that rumble, it like its 1969 all over again, I wasn't born then but the cars back in those days sure were cool. I think years from now people will look back and remember how special the 05-09 models really are.

my car handles like its on rails, I have taken turns in the freeway at a buck 20 and the car is glued to the ground, its an amazing car in every way and worthy in every way to carry the mustang torch
Old 11-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

^ I still remember my aunt's 1970 Mach I and my uncle's 73 Mach I. I couldn't have been more than 3 years old... Awesome cars... and yes, Ford did re-capture the whole Mustang/muscle car mystique that the Mustangs were lacking for so long. I still love my 91 5.0, there's nothing like firing it up and hearing those MAC pipes rumble, but man. Hard to beat the 197s. My dad always wanted a 1970 again... after driving mine, he's decided he'd rather have it. *what!? NO! That's mine! Can't have it!*
Old 11-05-2009, 02:17 PM
7 UP Mustang
1st Gear Member

Great story Scott, sounds like you have caught the Mustang Fever really good! Do not worry my friend, you are still very young to my 70+ years! Nothing like cruising with the top down if possible especially with my Sweetheart of 47 years! We both love it, and it is very relaxing for sure! That is why I will never own a Grandpa car as that Mustang Fever is awesome and keeps us feeling young! Enjoy and good luck!
Larry
Old 11-05-2009, 02:57 PM
NatDaBrat

I always wanted a Mustang and this year, at 42 I finally bought my first. I own a bar and haven't had a day off in 2+ years, so I figured a nice car would do the trick. Well i tell ya, did I ever make a great decision. The day I picked it up was a beautiful blue sky day, and I put the top down and hit the road for 3 hours. That night working in the bar, all I could think of is "come on you lots, go home! I want to drive my car!" I have been taking a "cruise" every afternoon since the day I bought it, and the minute I turn the key in the ignition, my shoulders drop, my mind clears and I smile from ear to ear.
The only drag now is the sight of winter is near, actually had a little snow today. Oh well, this baby is my daily driver now, I just can't part with it. I have the fever.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:38 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sbrimer
Well, I am probably older than the majority of you, I turned 45 this past Halloween, and I had an experience with this car that I just wanted to share.

I have only owned this car for about 8 months and it the first Mustang I have owned since 1990. Well, I have really enjoyed the car from the day I test drove it and I was sold.

Anyway..........

About 5:30 pm last night, here in Alabama the weather was clear and 55 degrees, and I had just had enough with work, the president, our government, the economy and everything else. So, I took the stang out, let the windows down and went for a 60 MPH ride on some nice backroads. Just a little me time.

Wow, to say the least. No radio, no cell phone,no place to be just the sound of the exhaust. I know this sounds like a car commercial, but it was absolute therapy. I was smiling and really thinking about how GOOD things are instead of how bad they are. I kept thinking to myself what a joy it is to simply drive this car. I never thought I could feel this way about a CAR.

After about an hour, I decided to listen to a little music and (I'm showing my age here) started listening to a Peter Frampton and finished the drive with a little Kiss. I drove home and the wife noticed that I was different than when I had left. All she said was, " I hope you and your "Grabber Orange" girlfriend got to know each other and had a good time." I said, " Yes we did," and thought, "Cool, she understands."

Man I really love this car.

Is this a great country or what?

Scott
Great story and I know it well. When I want to let off steam I leave the old Mustang GT parked and fire up the torque monster de Tomaso Pantera and eat up some roads. Now that is an experience that really, really rocks your socks off!

Quick Reply: I love this car!!!!!