Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

We need to buy more Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:32 PM
gmlgmlgml

Post We need to buy more Mustangs

I read in a business report that Ford is letting go 900 workers in a Mustang plant due to slow sales. I hope it is not true. But if it is, first of all, my heart goes out to those folks.

I am on my (6th?) mustang . . . lost count. I honestly do not know what I would buy if there were no Mustangs.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:35 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Don't fret, the 2011 GT and V6 Mustangs will turn things around from the 2010 slump.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:00 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

11,000 2011 mustangs have been already pre-ordered. 3 times the number of 2010. buy some ford stock now lol
Old 02-26-2010, 08:29 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Should have bought it when it was like $3.00 a share.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:04 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

well. buy some toyota stock then lol
Old 02-26-2010, 05:02 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

Hahaha I don't think Toyota stock will rebound anytime soon. At least with a Mustang the accelerator sticks to the floor because we WANT it to!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:44 PM
jones52725

Ya, 2011 will be a much better year for Mustang. Should have jumped on the stock when it was down
Old 02-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

These nice Mustangs made since 2005 are a double edge sword. Making a nice car that will last a long time means the owner won't need a new car for a long time. But, Ford needs to make a nice, long lasting car or they won't keep their reputation.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:59 PM
jones52725

Originally Posted by Mustangmaster
These nice Mustangs made since 2005 are a double edge sword. Making a nice car that will last a long time means the owner won't need a new car for a long time. But, Ford needs to make a nice, long lasting car or they won't keep their reputation.
ya that's quite the conundrum on their hands
Old 02-28-2010, 11:02 PM
dastangman
2nd Gear Member

I kind of wonder if the reason sales were so slow is that many of the people are simply waiting for the 5.0. I mean, waiting a year and spending what an extra grand and you have 100 more horses and an iconic displacement. I know I've talked people out of buying a 2010 and waiting for the 2011...now I feel like I just cost people their jobs.

And there is another double edged sword plagued by the United States. When my dad used to work for a company, we took pride in buying the product that he created and I would assume that many of these people would probably have loved to purchase a newer Mustang that their hands created. Problem is, while 900 might seem like a small number compared to the total population, there's many groups of hundreds more at other companies across the country that have been, are, or will be in the same boat. Without jobs, it's impossible to buy, without buying, it's impossible to afford to keep jobs. I'm not an economist or anything, I honestly can't point fingers because I don't have enough to point at everyone making the problems happen, nor do I have the answers. It's hard to say it's someone elses fault and that they made the wrong choices when I myself don't have a clue on what should happen.

It's very sad, but hopefully many of the workers will see a light at the end of the tunnel, take the opportunity to try a new approach in life, see what else is in store and explore career opportunities they never had before. It's hard to stay positive in the midst of giants like job loss, but I hope these people keep faith in themselves and see what good they can create from the negativity. I don't think one person can say they haven't been affected in one way shape or form by the economic struggles. I do think, that financially Ford has made many better decisions than the other companies obviously given the outcomes. But if I was a business owner and I thought it was unaffordable or not in the best interest of the company to keep employees because it was costing me large amounts of unnecessary money that hasn't shown any profits, what would I do? Given the same circumstances, I'd prolly have to let my employee go as well...and that'd be a hard thing to do at a superior level, and I can't imagine at a personal level. But in the end, the success of the company as a whole is at state, and with that, thousands of others jobs...and then you have to ask yourself is sparing a few to save many many more worth it?

Last edited by dastangman; 02-28-2010 at 11:20 PM.

Quick Reply: We need to buy more Mustangs