Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Look out bolt on Gts, theres a v6 behind you...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 03:31 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Im gonna swap me one of the coyote 5.0's into my car, make 450rw and beat new GT's with it!!! lol just kidding. Im gonna do it though. Its one BA motor and should make awesome power without much done to it. I wonder how many cats are going to be on the midpipe.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:45 PM
rman101
2nd Gear Member

^ agreed ill wait for one to get totalled and pop it into my car in the mean time the nitrous will do.wonder how that swap will pan out cant wait to see someone do it.

i like to see the Mustang get the needed improvments but dang there are already enough new SS's running around i gotta worry about now this!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

I'm a little different (ok a lot). I have always purchased Mustang GT's or the v8 mustang's purely for the sound. Generally all same generation Mustangs look the same but again for me it's the sound. If I take the car out 100 times I generally drive like gramps 99.99% of the time. I rarely if ever shift above 2000 rpms (ok twice off the rev limiter) so a young fella driving a stock Hyundia Elantra will beat me off the line. Again that's alright because I sound much better than he does. I am forever receiving flak from my fellow Mustanger's in town for my driving style but hey.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:30 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

^^^ 0_o

That logic sounds very ricer-ish. I'm not sure why...
Old 03-31-2010, 01:26 AM
OICW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Snakebite64
I'm a little different (ok a lot). I have always purchased Mustang GT's or the v8 mustang's purely for the sound. Generally all same generation Mustangs look the same but again for me it's the sound. If I take the car out 100 times I generally drive like gramps 99.99% of the time. I rarely if ever shift above 2000 rpms (ok twice off the rev limiter) so a young fella driving a stock Hyundia Elantra will beat me off the line. Again that's alright because I sound much better than he does. I am forever receiving flak from my fellow Mustanger's in town for my driving style but hey.
Buy yourself a VERY GOOD sound system, with external speakers.

Then get one of those engine sound simulator modules. On the fly, you can get a V8 muscle, high tech V6, Enzo, or F1.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:40 AM
skully1

guess i'll have to put about 5 grand into the my GT so that i'll be able to out run the new v6. that cheaper than getting a car payment.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:08 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Hard to admit but I'm going to feel like I got a pile of cattle chasing my ***, and I'm peddling as hard as I can to stay in front of 'em v-sixers. But No matter what you do, someone out there have a faster car than you. So I'm not letting it worry me too much.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:49 AM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by OICW
Buy yourself a VERY GOOD sound system, with external speakers.

Then get one of those engine sound simulator modules. On the fly, you can get a V8 muscle, high tech V6, Enzo, or F1.
lol those things are awesome. ive always wanted to pull up to a ricer in like a mini van and flip the lamo or Ferrari witch and just keep revving it, lol they'd probably freak out.

I saw that thing on pimp-my-ride one. LOL
Old 04-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tightdogal
^^^ 0_o

That logic sounds very ricer-ish. I'm not sure why...
Me either. I will go this way and say I am a law abiding citizen if that helps
Old 04-06-2010, 02:47 PM
lostnight
2nd Gear Member

I've felt pretty happy with my '05 V6, it's been a fun car. But the new 3.7s are making me have New Mustang Fever all over again. I want one in Grabber Blue with the performance package. But my current car won't be paid off until summer next year. I would get screwed big time trading this early, so I will do my best to resist temptation for now, but it won't be easy.

Quick Reply: Look out bolt on Gts, theres a v6 behind you...