Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Price I was quoted

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 06:11 PM
HorsePower99
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
Bah don't listen to 'em.

While you're mashin the pedal at the light the guy with the manual is missing gears and playing catch up. I'd say with that 5.0 "Good luck with the catching up"

Auto>Manual for me anyday. But I drive a truck so I like being able to just cruise now and again and give my knee a rest lol.
I only like stick for sports cars, I hate manual trucks. On them it's nothing but a pain in the ***, on a Mustang it's way more fun. Maybe you'll beat me in a race with your automatic but I have a lot more fun driving around in my manual than you do holding the gas pedal down in your automatic.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Smee

I just got back from the dealer where I found out I can't get the rear camera with the California package (bye-bye camera).
I ave to bring my trade-in to the dealer tomorrow for them to check it out before they will order the car. I am using the full price of the trade-in against the price of the car.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:35 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

I wanna how you are getting Grabber Blue with the BrickRed/Cashmere striped interior.....
Old 04-08-2010, 04:05 PM
jayhawker

I was just quoted today for a base GT with the Brembo package for $30,395.00. That price is "X-plan" pricing. I can't confirm the price on line as the 11 model isn't listed yet. Based on information looking at the 2010 model, this appears to be about just shy of $700 OVER invoice.

I know every dealer will be asking MSRP for this car so I guess I will wait for these to become more readily available before I go plop a deposit down on one.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Smee

Sorry about that. I'm getting the carbon interior that comes with the California package. Interior color doesn't matter to me since I'm sitting on it and looking out the window.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:14 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Smee
Sorry about that. I'm getting the carbon interior that comes with the California package. Interior color doesn't matter to me since I'm sitting on it and looking out the window.
No need for sarcasm. I was just trying to figure out how you were getting a Grabber Blue with Brick-red interior since it doesn't appear to be a color option combo that is even available.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:07 AM
redrocker66

Originally Posted by wilkinda
No need for sarcasm. I was just trying to figure out how you were getting a Grabber Blue with Brick-red interior since it doesn't appear to be a color option combo that is even available.
I would love the brick red leather in a black car. But in Grabber Blue I think it would be really, really BAD!

And on the auto vs manual, I've never owned a manual of my own until getting my GT/CS back in November. But I grew up driving all sorts of manuals: tractors, trucks, pickups, so I know the gig. It's fun, but it's also laborious at times. I drove a stretch of rural Interstate in Texas/Oklahoma where traffic was moving about 10mph to 25mph (due to an accident), for 4 hours! NO fun. My legs were actually sore!

Now, I'm teaching my 17 year old son how to drive my Stang. He's struggling at it. Thought he was going to burn up the clutch last time out! This from the video game generation who have all those hand-eye coordination skills! Guess it doesn't transfer over to feet!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Smee

Here's what I ended up ordering: GT Premium in Grabber Blue with the California package, security package, HID headlights, comfort package, Shaker 1000 stereo, & the automatic tranny for $36694 plus tax title etc.

They gave me a four digit order #, is that what I need to track the building of my car online or do I have to wait for the dealer to give me the VIN#?
Also what is the website where you can track the progress of your car being built?
Old 04-09-2010, 09:51 PM
HorsePower99
1st Gear Member

Redrocker: I hate the red interior with a passion lol. We have this 05 black convertible, black top in the shop now with the red interior and it's just terrible, completely ruined an otherwise great looking car(that and it's a V6 automatic). Everyone I work with thinks it looks horrible. But yea that is the only bad part about a manual, your foot will get tired from going in and out and in and out on the clutch in traffic like that, but where I live I don't have to deal with that much except for the 5 times a year when it's my turn to drive up to the Skins games so it's definitely worth it. I think it'd be worth it even if it was every day though, but that's just me.

Smee: Very nice man, I'm jealous as hell haha, enjoy it. If it was me I know I wouldn't get a bit of sleep waiting for that thing to come I'd be so anxious and excited lol. Can't go wrong with the grabber blue.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

I kinda wish I got an automatic. I plan on going FI and would like to make it a drag racer in the long run. But I figure if I couldn't get a 4.6 the least I could do is get a manual. I love driving it, dream of it every night, but I know I could be a lot faster with an auto. Oh, and the 4.6

Have fun picking out your rides, lucky basturdz

Last edited by Deadbeat; 04-10-2010 at 12:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Price I was quoted