Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2011 mustang 5.0 daily driver review (week 1)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 05:37 PM
zerobane

Default 2011 mustang 5.0 daily driver review (week 1)

Perfect Car; exactly the correct mixture of bada** and drive-ability. Only 500 miles on it; so I still haven't pushed it hard.

Good
-Brembro brake kit is beautiful; the rims are flashy without looking like a ghetto sled.
-Insane stock horsepower / fast
-Handling is way beyond anything I can push on my work commute
-Looks; has the distinguished bad look going
-Little to no blind spots
-the most comfortable "sports" car I;ve owned yet
-Premium leather interior is perfect
-neato toys with sync; mycolor, etc...

Bad
-Clutch engage is about 1 inch from top
-seats are a little shallow; slide around a bit on leather on those tricky on-ramps.
-typical useless back seat
-cup holders interfere with shifting; the flap on cup holders is bit annoying while driving
-exhaust; a stock cavalier will drown out your motor... o.O
-six speed; loves jumping from 1st gear into 4th while racing the soccer mom's in there mini vans.
-traction control is always on; even when off
-stupid air tire pressure system makes rim/tire changes expensive

Old 05-28-2010, 06:58 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

She's a beauty
Old 05-28-2010, 07:00 PM
StuckInNYForever

Great review. You hit on stuff i wouldn't even have thought to ask. Good info on cup holders. Have to keep that in mind. I'm gonna need those 6 ounce bottles of water I guess!
Old 05-29-2010, 01:56 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I'm gonna pass this own to a buddy of mines. He just bought a 11 5.0 and will be picking it up after we get back from our deployment..
Old 05-29-2010, 02:14 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Good review.
Also if the 2010+ are anything like the 05-09 then you can remove the little piece inside of the cupholders to make the 20 ounce bottles sit deeper so you can have more room.

Very nice looking car. Just curious - what are you getting to a tank of gas in that thing?
Old 05-29-2010, 10:05 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by maxshuty
Good review.
Also if the 2010+ are anything like the 05-09 then you can remove the little piece inside of the cupholders to make the 20 ounce bottles sit deeper so you can have more room.

Very nice looking car. Just curious - what are you getting to a tank of gas in that thing?
Idk what he's getting my Ford told me it gets 26hwy and 17town.

OP: could you please explain, "-stupid air tire pressure system makes rim/tire changes expensive" because im not familar with the new Air tire pressure system.

I'm curious as well to: The GT/CS (California Special) package, because (so im told) its back.
....PICS???? AnyONE
Old 05-29-2010, 10:58 PM
grnbayfan
2nd Gear Member

the tire pressure monitoring system requires sensors mounted somewhere on the wheels that only respond to those wheels and tires, if the wheels are changed, those sensors need to be set to work with those wheels. gets pretty pricey.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:00 AM
StuckInNYForever

Originally Posted by grnbayfan
the tire pressure monitoring system requires sensors mounted somewhere on the wheels that only respond to those wheels and tires, if the wheels are changed, those sensors need to be set to work with those wheels. gets pretty pricey.
I know The Tire Rack charges $277 to add the sensors to wheel/tire combos that they sell for Mustangs.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...rice&dtab=TPMS
Old 05-30-2010, 05:31 AM
grnbayfan
2nd Gear Member

that much? thats the only thing i don't like about all the new cars since 08. they all have it.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Mustang Boy
3rd Gear Member

Cool

actually the TPMS sensors for new fords arent that bad when it comes to new wheels. all you have to do is get the special valve stems which are like $5-7 IIRC and then just break down your stock wheels and take the sensor off the valve stem it is held on by a little screw then you can just take that and put the new valve stem in your new wheels and attach the stock sensor to it.

Quick Reply: 2011 mustang 5.0 daily driver review (week 1)