Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Mustangs Rule!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 10:09 AM
kawasakiguy
2nd Gear Member

Yeah they raise the price tag, but it's still the best value compared to GM and dodge.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:41 AM
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

Yea, it's time for Govt Motors and Fiat, er..Mopar (I can get away with this barb, I own a Fiat!) to ante up! It will be fun until the tree huggers slap some legislaton down on all the fun.

It's inevitable....
Old 06-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I gotta be honest... when the 5.0's were about to come out I was simply drooling and bangin my head about possibly trading my car in.
Even though I am one of those guys who does not like the new body style NEARLY as much. I was also going to do this while almost DOUBLING my car payment at the same time. That's how much it was womping on me.

But now that they are here... my fever has gone down some.
When the new GT500's came out in 07 I had the same fever and even went as far as to order one. But after the dealership went back on it's word at selling it to me for MSRP (when most were selling at 10k or more over)... I quickly backed off and let them sell my ordered car to someone else.

And I'm glad I did.
I have had so much fun making this car my own and that Shelby would have stayed bone stock.

Point being is this... you guys are right about the new price.
The car is great but the price is too high right now for me.

I think I would rather do some more modding to my car and enjoy it
than get a new one and have virtually double the car payment and no money to mod it. Plus like I said I like the looks of mine SO MUCH better than the new ones.

Will the new body style grow on me? Will I trade my car in within the next couple of years? Who knows.

For right now I am keeping my baby.
And I am also going to be adding some 4.10's and cams on her soon.
Just deciding on whether letting someone do it under the table or taking it to a shop.

Anyways... got a little off the subject there for a sec.
But yes it seems the Mustang is back on top.
But for me they have been there for a very, very long time.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 06-09-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:59 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
I gotta be honest... when the 5.0's were about to come out I was simply drooling and bangin my head about possibly trading my car in.
Even though I am one of those guys who does not like the new body style NEARLY as much. I was also going to do this while almost DOUBLING my car payment at the same time. That's how much it was womping on me.

But now that they are here... my fever has gone down some.
When the new GT500's came out in 07 I had the same fever and even went as far as to order one. But after the dealership went back on it's word at selling it to me for MSRP (when most were selling at 10k or more over)... I quickly backed off and let them sell my ordered car to someone else.

And I'm glad I did.
I have had so much fun making this car my own and that Shelby would have stayed bone stock.

Point being is this... you guys are right about the new price.
The car is great but the price is too high right now for me.

I think I would rather do some more modding to my car and enjoy it
than get a new one and have virtually double the car payment and no money to mod it. Plus like I said I like the looks of mine SO MUCH better than the new ones.

Will the new body style grow on me? Will I trade my car in within the next couple of years? Who knows.

For right now I am keeping my baby.
And I am also going to be adding some 4.10's and cams on her soon.
Just deciding on whether letting someone do it under the table or taking it to a shop.

Anyways... got a little off the subject there for a sec.
But yes it seems the Mustang is back on top.
But for me they have been there for a very, very long time.
I THINK THAT WAS VERY WELL PUT!!