Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

News on the 2014 Ford Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 09:07 AM
jackal119
1st Gear Member

I myself would love to seem some larger displacement engines. GM and Mopar have much better engines. Its a night and day from fords high reving small blocks and those 345+CIDs. engines. But both the challenger and camaro are now at large car size and very close to being a global platform. So much for any US only cars now a days. By the time 2014 rolls around I should be long gone from the market of cars. Its really hard to own a car at 4-6 bucks for a gallon gas. Never know whats going to happen next
Old 11-11-2010, 05:50 PM
schmallz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slug Catcher
I dont
GM Killed the Camaro and replaced it with the Cobalt to satisfy customer demands for a cheap economical sports car.

If you want to see what Evolved styling will get you, Google " Chevy Nova".
These are by far the most absurd statements you made.

Cobalt didn'r replace anything, it was just the evolution of the Cavalier.

GM killed the Camaro and replaced it with the SSR.

If you want to see what evolved styling will get you, google "New Edge Mustang" .
Old 11-11-2010, 05:52 PM
schmallz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jackal119
I myself would love to seem some larger displacement engines. GM and Mopar have much better engines. Its a night and day from fords high reving small blocks and those 345+CIDs. engines. But both the challenger and camaro are now at large car size and very close to being a global platform. So much for any US only cars now a days. By the time 2014 rolls around I should be long gone from the market of cars. Its really hard to own a car at 4-6 bucks for a gallon gas. Never know whats going to happen next
It's not the displacement where ford's V8s make their power, its the heads.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:16 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Lv XLR8N
Im fine with change, as long as you can still call the Mustang a MUSCLE CAR and it stays RWD!

Here is what the Blue Oval is doing in Australia. http://www.fpv.com.au/index.aspx

The Mustang better NOT look like that. I will not buy one.
Don't want that for a Mustang...but that is pretty nice for a 4 door
Old 11-16-2010, 02:39 AM
bagsarea

GOOD NEWS ! it's stylish !
Old 11-19-2010, 10:16 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bagsarea
GOOD NEWS ! it's stylish !
The 2014 will be stylish? That goes without saying. If it were not, then Ford would turn away alot of fans who will opt to by a Camaro or Challenger instead (well a Camaro, not so much a Challenger).

By the way, what is a 2014 Mustang syling plan doing in China? I have not even seen a lick of what kind of style the 2014 Mustang will look like and I am in the States where all the Ford guys are working to design the 2014.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Slug Catcher
1st Gear Member

Don't want that for a Mustang...but that is pretty nice for a 4 door

Thats not the mustang, its the Falcon.

Thats australias version of the interceptor concept car.

I have been busting heads with that thing all day long on NFS "XBOX RULES"

Funny how ford seems to bringing back all the old "Road Warrior" cop car names.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/20...t-ar86267.html

2011 ............ The Gt's will have 365 HP turbo V6's

Not that I ever plan on out running the cops, Its just kind of lame when the cops have more under the hood then you do.

Of Course Nebraska doesnt get too flashy....... Im betting we get the 263 HP non-turbo V6's here.

Im going to miss the vic.

If Big Bopper had the Vic, The knight rider would have never gotten away. And now Charlie wouldnt talk so funny...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY3dnMJWD4k

Last edited by Slug Catcher; 11-19-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:28 PM
zulu45
1st Gear Member

I gotta be honest, I saw the picture of the concept in that link, and I kinda didn't like it. It's like they're trying to turn it into the new Camaro, a look that I hate. I'm glad I bought the 2011 Mustang, because it is the perfect look (in my opinion) for the modern Mustang.

That being said, a concept isn't final, and who knows. Maybe they'll blow us all away with a great design. But I like the S197 the way it is, but I understand that they have to progress and bring new styling to keep the Mustang image fresh. A radical thought could be to add some of those "half doors" to the back, to allow easy entry into the back seats, while still maintaining the coupe look, although I question whether that will work... I like my 2 big-*** doors.

I really didn't like the '04 Mustang design as much, but this change to S197 blew me away. It was only the engine selection that kept me from buying one until this new 2011 V6. But if they can create a new design (or even tweak this one) in a way that keeps a lot of the old-school and mixes some stylish new-school, I'll definitely be cool with that.

If I could make one change to mine, it would be a little bit more leg and head room for the back seats.

Last edited by zulu45; 11-24-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:53 PM
bbcobra
1st Gear Member

I'd like to see the GT500 or may be a new return of the Cobra with a 7 liter (427 or 428). That would be cool.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:15 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

I would like to see something evolved with a hint of retro and the biggest/lightest motor combo they can produce. An aluminum 7.0 4V motor would just be sick.

Quick Reply: News on the 2014 Ford Mustang