Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Spy Photos: Turbocharged Ford Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 10:12 PM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

Default Spy Photos: Turbocharged Ford Mustang GT

wow needs premium fuel and can rev to 9 grand Awesome

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...ustang-gt.html
linky above
Old 10-28-2010, 10:22 AM
WoahPony
3rd Gear Member

ford already announced they'd be using the ecoboost v6 in the mustang soon
Old 10-28-2010, 11:42 AM
machracer11
3rd Gear Member

I definitely hope this isnt a spy picture of a GT without a v8... I think its an awesome idea for the sixxer but ill take 8 cylinders over 6 any day of the week turbo charged or not

there have been rumors flying around for a while about the GT eventually running the ecoboost engine instead of a v8
Old 10-28-2010, 12:14 PM
WoahPony
3rd Gear Member

I've said it once and I'll say it again, it's not going to happen. It's going to be a great pony car that's for sure. but ford won't do what they did in the eighties again. they tried using smaller engines in the mustang and it just didn't work. eventually they gave up and turned it into the ford probe. as long as chevy builds a camaro with a V8 and dodge builds the challenger wih a V8, ford will continue to directly compete
Old 10-28-2010, 12:31 PM
machracer11
3rd Gear Member

Thats definitely what i think (or hope anyway)... maybe ecoboost the six but the v8 has to stay and it has to fly like a bat out of hell, but then again, even if the ecoboost was faster I would still go v8, after all that is what a muscle car is about
Old 10-28-2010, 12:58 PM
jsaleen90
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WoahPony
I've said it once and I'll say it again, it's not going to happen. It's going to be a great pony car that's for sure. but ford won't do what they did in the eighties again. they tried using smaller engines in the mustang and it just didn't work. eventually they gave up and turned it into the ford probe. as long as chevy builds a camaro with a V8 and dodge builds the challenger wih a V8, ford will continue to directly compete
Why do you think Ford needs to compete against 2 companies that went bankrupt? Ford did just fine and should do what they feel they need to do to evolve and not worry about competing with the loosers.

I'm all for smaller engines and boost, but I guess I'm bias since I own a 5.0 V8 with a supercharger and a Twin turbo 3.0 6 cylinder supra. Supra wins hands down. Its not even close.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:07 PM
machracer11
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsaleen90
Why do you think Ford needs to compete against 2 companies that went bankrupt? Ford did just fine and should do what they feel they need to do to evolve and not worry about competing with the loosers.

I'm all for smaller engines and boost, but I guess I'm bias since I own a 5.0 V8 with a supercharger and a Twin turbo 3.0 6 cylinder supra. Supra wins hands down. Its not even close.
Ford needs to compete with two companies that went bankrupt because they are still Fords competition, they were saved, are still producing cars, and still able to affect fords sales and r&d.

and with the bias towards smaller engines and boost, yeah the supra is great but last time I checked they no longer sell them in the US and the supra is very different from the mustang or any american muscle car which are all about putting a big v8 engine in a small car... apples and oranges imo
Old 10-28-2010, 04:28 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

No need to get too worked up. The car in that article is just a Boss test mule. Carry on...
Old 10-28-2010, 05:31 PM
03shadow
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
No need to get too worked up. The car in that article is just a Boss test mule. Carry on...
exactly what i was thinking lol
Old 10-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Shotgun Love
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
any explanation for the intercooler than?

Quick Reply: Spy Photos: Turbocharged Ford Mustang GT