Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.
View Poll Results: A poll
What do you mean dated? Run it to the ground!!!
0%
I never liked the new body...bring back the Fox II!!!
9.52%
Limit the production! Stop after 2008 and do a radical redesign.
14.29%
Give it 5 years then bring back the '71 to '73 body styles.
14.29%
Bring back the '74 body style...it might take this time.
0%
give it 5 years then cut the line...you can't top the '05.
4.76%
I'd like to see a four door.
0%
What do you mean the changed the body style?
9.52%
Flashier colors but slight body changes over 10 years.
4.76%
There's only one answer...more power!!!
42.86%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

What's next????

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 07:24 PM
NikAtNyt

Default RE: What's next????

ORIGINAL: justingt

Honestly I really dont know what this obsession is with the retro cars. I mean they were inovated for a reason. Has everyone forgotten when Mustangs went down the ****ter? It was the 70s when they made them bigger.

Actually, they made them smaller and removed horses from under the hood due to rising gas prices. This all started with one of these beauties from 1974 and only got worse until the Fox II body style revitalized the interest in the Mustang and the engineers finally figured out how to mix smog control and horsepower.

[sm=gears.gif]
Old 08-27-2005, 03:39 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

I want the mustang to get more power, of course, and stay a 2 door. As for size, I don't mind the size of mine now, actually sometimes it sucks being a 2 door when I'm taking my friends for a spin, they don't fit. lol. But, I definitely don't want to see it as a four door.

As for looks, I don't want them to stick with the 05/new style for all that long, it makes me want to barf. BLECH! Ugliest mustang of all time, I think. I think they should get away from anything in the past and do something new and different. They can take elements from the past, but it should be something new and innovative. Something other car companies' sports cars have yet to do.

OH AND FACTORY SUNROOF OPTION!! If they can make it look good on the new design.

Old 08-27-2005, 04:06 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: justingt

I HATE the new body style. I hope everyone realizes that Shelby's fastest (and his personal favorite according to his biography) was the 65 with a 289 in it. I mean sure the 67 was the nicest looking but a 65 owns it. I mean personally I coulda lived with the new body style if:

-they nix the ugly driving lights
-put some sort of unique FUNCTIONAL hood on it
-sidescoops
-made it smaller not bigger
-less sharp angles in the interior and more curves

Honestly I really dont know what this obsession is with the retro cars. I mean they were inovated for a reason. Has everyone forgotten when Mustangs went down the ****ter? It was the 70s when they made them bigger.

I think they could've gotten away with the new body style but what the **** if your gonna go retro at least bring back a new and improved five OOHHH
Do what?? A 427 SCJ would wipe the floor with any 289 ever to come out in a production mustang