Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2011 Price Drop

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 05:33 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by SyNdicateZ
ew an automatic
Great contribution to the thread here sport.

Turn in your Mustang card, I say.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Frank McGourty

I purchased a 2011 premium GT with Nav, Appearance, Security, HID, and Comfort Package with a $38K list for $32,500. They are out there with a discount, but you need to do your homework!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:13 PM
mattyp2109

Originally Posted by Frank McGourty
I purchased a 2011 premium GT with Nav, Appearance, Security, HID, and Comfort Package with a $38K list for $32,500. They are out there with a discount, but you need to do your homework!
I want whatever homework you did. Mind if i copy?
Old 03-01-2011, 11:22 PM
mattyp2109

I took the time to read through what you guys said about stick vs. nonstick (auto) and basically i have decided this....

It's up to the driver and what they are doing. If a person wants to drag and get up in the high RPMs or whatever, then stick might be better for you. If someone wants a slightly more practical, ok to take on the freeway and sit in traffic every once in a while (LA) and drive around and occasionally toy around in, you are probably gonna want an auto most likely. Its all personal preference...

But for me, Im a youngster and havnt learned a stick yet...ya sue me. Parents drive autos cause they sit in traffic a lot so...
Old 03-01-2011, 11:24 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SyNdicateZ
ew an automatic? lol 5 speeds are more fun. I can never want to drive an auto stang ew
I assume you realize autos are also 5 spd. (at least my 08 is). =D

haha pascal, you crack me up man.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:21 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
I assume you realize autos are also 5 spd. (at least my 08 is). =D

haha pascal, you crack me up man.
both the 11 auto and stick are 6speeds. However, I didn't know the stick was not a tremec transmission. My 06 tr 3650 did a pretty good job even though I replaced it after 80K miles. Prob has to do w/ all my miss shifts after atleast 200 passes @ atco raceway

So i got anther tr 3650 for $300 bucks, a bm shifter and I just order a che k member brace.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:35 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by johnnyv8
both the 11 auto and stick are 6speeds. However, I didn't know the stick was not a tremec transmission. My 06 tr 3650 did a pretty good job even though I replaced it after 80K miles. Prob has to do w/ all my miss shifts after atleast 200 passes @ atco raceway

So i got anther tr 3650 for $300 bucks, a bm shifter and I just order a che k member brace.
Oh yeah, the new 11's are 6... I totally forgot haha! 'Im surprised, I thought all trans choices on the new mustang were tremecs?

80K and you replaced the whole trans? Not bad IMO, my dad had an audi we had to replace at every 45K and the shifts were still pretty rough (factory bugs galore with that one).
Old 03-02-2011, 02:59 PM
snakerbill

No offense, but you can't compare the older Mustangs (stock) to the 2011 5.0 (stock) as there are so many improvements in the new ones, that you would have to spend more than a new one costs to even begin to duplicate the performance, and then you would have an old Mustang with more money invested in it than you could ever get back when you want to trade. Also remember that the stick transmissions in the 20ll 5.0 are made in China and they are very trouble prone. All transmissions in the 20ll cars are six speed, but the Autos are made in the good old USA and are nearly bullet proof. Do what I did, traded my 2008 (stock) in for the 20ll 5.0 Auto and it was the best car trade I ever made, I would not take my old car and the extra cash back under any conditions.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:20 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by snakerbill
No offense, but you can't compare the older Mustangs (stock) to the 2011 5.0 (stock) as there are so many improvements in the new ones, that you would have to spend more than a new one costs to even begin to duplicate the performance, and then you would have an old Mustang with more money invested in it than you could ever get back when you want to trade. Also remember that the stick transmissions in the 20ll 5.0 are made in China and they are very trouble prone. All transmissions in the 20ll cars are six speed, but the Autos are made in the good old USA and are nearly bullet proof. Do what I did, traded my 2008 (stock) in for the 20ll 5.0 Auto and it was the best car trade I ever made, I would not take my old car and the extra cash back under any conditions.
I hope you werent referring to me, because I never meant to compare the two. Sorry if I was confusing in my posts! I totally agree with you though on all your points!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:43 PM
snakerbill

aaquib1992, no I was not directing my post to you as I am aware that you were not comparing old vs new. I think some people on this thread were trying to put forth such stuff, talking about 5 speed transmissions which came only on older cars thinking that a old 5 speed stick was better than the 6 speed auto on the new cars. All I can say to them is, do not try to race a 20ll 5.0 auto with your 5 speed stick, that is unless you like the rear view of the 20ll cars. It seems that old ideas just refuse to die. In general, old cars of any kind are seldom as good as a new version of that same car. Think about it, those older cars had poor brakes, some had drums, no suspension worth the name, and most of them drank fuel like a sailor on ten day leave. Most of the fanzine books are just trying to sell the junk that is advertised in their joke books, such a plastic body parts that you attach to your cars with sticky tape, this stuff only makes the car heavier, and slower. The 20 inch wheels they are so enamored of only further slow the car down. Too much unsprung weight. The only thing you get out of this junk is a walletectomy, and these pervayors of this trash should be ashamed of themselves for trying to push this stuff off on working people, and further, did you notice that they NEVER state how much these "built" cars that they feature in their editorial sections cost. With good reason I think, as my guess is that these modified cars can run 60K. If they would be truthfull and state the finished product, no one in their right mind would spend that kind of cash on an old car. Some of these rebuilt cars are 40 years old. I ask why would any one want todo that? You could buy two new Mustangs for less than that, considering the money you already had in your old car. Do'nt let the hucksters cheat you. SNK

Quick Reply: 2011 Price Drop