MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mustang-news-concepts-rumors-and-discussion-22/)
-   -   2008 BUICK GNX (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mustang-news-concepts-rumors-and-discussion/63298-2008-buick-gnx.html)

v8stang05 09-11-2005 05:48 PM

RE: 2008 BUICK GNX

i actually kind of like it, but it does kind of look foriegn.

99saleen351r 09-14-2005 05:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Shifty Powers

I think the car looks nice and might be something used as a luxury sport type thing... but not a GN.... i agree that if they tried to redo the GN at least make it a beatsly turbo V6 that looks somewhat liek the real GN... which would be going retro.......and the GNX was even more rare being only 10 made ? but i dunno... i just think GM and Buick have some crapp designers and just plain suck with alot of thier projects....

No there was alot more than ten made thats for sure...I cant remember the exact number but i know of three people that have them around here so that would mean there is only 7 more??

Caddstang 09-17-2005 04:34 AM

uh guys..it's a chop..how I know this? I used to own a GM product which means I joined a GM enthusiast site and I am still a member, trust me that car does not exist and Buick isn't bringing back the GN either, not anytime soon that is.

93StangLX 09-17-2005 05:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Caddstang

uh guys..it's a chop..how I know this? I used to own a GM product which means I joined a GM enthusiast site and I am still a member, trust me that car does not exist and Buick isn't bringing back the GN either, not anytime soon that is.

Dude, i have it in my magazine and everone els who has that issue:eek:

badsp0rk 09-17-2005 06:20 PM

ORIGINAL: 93StangLX

ORIGINAL: Caddstang

Dude, i have it in my magazine and everone els who has that issue:eek:

jesus you guys are kinda stupid huh?

READ THE FRICKIN WORDS IN THE MAGAZINE, I ALREADY POSTED IN THIS THREAD ONCE TO EXPLAIN IT... THE CAR IS ACONCEPT CREATED BY POPULAR HOT RODDING, IT'S NOT A REAL CAR, IT SAYS SO RIGHT IN THE ARTICLE.

I'd like to point out that in that article, if read carefully, one would figure out that Popular Hotrodding designed that car, as a "what if", and how it's the car that "could" save Buick.

However, from what I gathered from the article, GM has no plans of making such vehicle.. it's just a dream that the writers at Popular Hotrodding have; for example, in one sentence they write something along the lines of "We think the 600HP LS2 engine would work well, and put it on the Holden chassis so they can produce them in the same factory as the GTO". The "we", from what I gather, refers to Popular Hotrodding.. not GM or Buick.

it's just an article to stir up thoughts, and get people to buy the magazine. but it's NOT A REAL VEHICLE.

Our '08 Buick GNX can be the first step toward bringing Buick back to its former glory, or at least make Buick a sustainable part of a combined
OUR? Last I checked, Popular Hotrodding is owned by Primedia............ NOT GM!!!!

If the U.S.-built Zetas were a reality, Buick could offer a base-model LS with a 3.5L 250hp V-6 for around $22,000, a 5.3L 300hp V-8 in GS trim for $27,000, and the granddaddy of them all--the 6.0L 400hp GNX for a transaction price of around $33,000
Reading comprehension man..

IF the U.S.-built Zetas WERE a reality, Buick COULD offer...

There's absolutely no truth behind the article, it's just some idiots (By Johnny Hunkins , Illustrations by Kris Horton) dreaming about a future they'd like to have.. it's a trash article, though, and it's all speculation and would, could and should's.

93StangLX 09-18-2005 03:35 AM

Thats stupid why would they even do something like that.......

badsp0rk 09-18-2005 01:43 PM

ORIGINAL: 93StangLX

Thats stupid why would they even do something like that.......

Umm.. why WOULDN'T they do something like that? It sold a ton of magazines and stirredup the pot a ton.

If you don't want to believe me then fine, but just keep waiting on the "new GNX".. It'll never come out, or if it does it'll be in a VERY long time.

The only time the GNX rumours had any truth was when Buick was working on the Velite platform, but they cancelled the production of that earlier this year due to the fact that GM is in piss poor shape. That's when they cancelled the new Camaro as well, but JD1969 posted saying they, in fact, ARE producing the Camaro again. Not sure on that one, but I am 100% sure tht the Popular Hotrodding article is BS. If you don't see that, uhh, try to take some reading comprehension tests; it's pretty obvious it's just tabloid reporting.

ceasars chariot 09-23-2005 03:33 AM

looks like a bmw[8D]

tinman 10-03-2005 02:55 PM

I think GM is in REAL troble. They don't have any money to play around building anything new...
I really think that Buick is going to go the way of the Oldsmobile. When Buick dies nobody under the age of 75 will notice.......

03YellowPony 10-04-2005 01:14 AM

I drove a 87 GNX. My best bud was the VP of a dealership. At 50mph, I floored it. Nothing happened. Til I looked in the rearview and saw nothing but tire smoke! The speedo was burried. When I let up, it was like we were shot from a cannon! If Buick could do that again! DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!