Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Lava Red

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Dentexman

I saw a Lava Red GT at the local Ford dealer in Austin last week. The finish looked like a dull black in all but intense sunlight. The red metallic colorations are visible in the direct, bright sunlight only. Very odd color--I had thought about selecting this color when I order mine at year-end, but now I think I'll just stick with black. What I saw did not match the photos in this thread--there was not that much color present. And if I understood the salesman correctly, this color is just like Ford's Tuxedo Black, limited or no availability due to supply problems from Japan.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:33 PM
stangoutlaw
1st Gear Member

They put that on the 2010 harley F150. I was gonna paint my mustang that color but decided to go with deep amethyst.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:46 PM
SpartanStang14
1st Gear Member

grabber blue is still my favorite. with black accents....

be still my heart...
Old 09-08-2011, 07:59 AM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython
Lava red.. I kind of... like it

I thought it was this shade of red too when i saw it on the internet. but when i saw it in person it was basically black. looks good in the sunlight but im not dealing with cleaning a black car. gorgeous color though
Old 09-08-2011, 03:47 PM
georgebarryson

man really digging that color. Now, only if I can afford it...
Old 09-19-2011, 04:55 PM
austijc
2nd Gear Member

Default Was hoping it would come back

I was hoping it would come back before I ordered. I don't know if I would have picked it, but it would have been nice to see it in person. I asked the dealer about it, and they had no idea when or if it will be back. I find it odd that the other paints that use Xirallic are orderable but not this one.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:41 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

it could be back, it couldn't be back...there's no telling...it should be available to be purchased at a body shop though (for people that want to paint their car that color)...sucks that the color was made in japan, i think that color would have sold very well...i think it will come back though...i am thinking of painting my 07 that color
Old 09-20-2011, 11:27 AM
potman
3rd Gear Member

I saw one on the lot. We had a bad hail storm last spring and every car on the lot was really dinged up bad and I was gawking....

But the red is real subtle, in fact it looks more black. Didn't look so much like that picture. I would describe it as black with red metailic....

It's different and you don't see them around. I've never seen one on the road.

Last edited by potman; 09-20-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:44 PM
austijc
2nd Gear Member

The almost black might have been a negative for me. I've had black cars before and, as others have mentioned, they require far more diligent cleaning to look good. I went with the candy red just because it was almost the polar opposite of the vista blue on my '06. It's more fun to try something different than just get a model year upgrade on the same car. It will be my first red car, so I'll see if the rumors about getting stopped more are true.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:08 AM
koolrider101
Banned

Mustangs in red color.. are always one of my favorite ......

Quick Reply: Lava Red