Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2014 GT500 concept

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 02:38 AM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by simpsonfan13
the guy has some goo ideas in that design. the next gen mustang DOES need to look more futuristic. but that rendering isn't quite right imo.
You are right and I agree that the new mustang should look more futuristic, and yeah the rendering has a lof of imperfections which i should be fixing soon, like the line over the rear light.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:53 AM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython
ok. I'm going to pick on something that has no relevance. wtf is up with the door glass. it's shaped weird. no way to open the door with it that way ( I think ) and if you do, it could poke someone lol.

The rear looks old news to me. nothing new. I've seen that design over and over. I like the fastback look. Hate the euro lines.. meh. needs some more work.
you could argue that alot of wtf even with a real mustang, like the fake fuel cap on the rear, etc. The window shouldnt be a problem since It might look sharp but it doesnt have to be, it just needs some ingenuity or something mechanical to lower the window automatically or change the angle of it. Regardless I dont think it will loose any sleekness if raise it a little. I agree the rear lights look to outdated but if done right with led lights or some flashy style like those in the lamborghinis, they could look very futuristic which is what I am looking for in the new generation of mustangs. Thanks for your thoughts on the design though.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:57 AM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by christopher_94_gt
think it looks too euro.
Since some sources are saying the mustang is going global this might be a good thing for the Mustang. Either way I hope it still mantains the qualities that make a mustang a mustang.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:07 AM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by HT
Looks decent. I have a hard time looking at those tail lights though...seem Challengerish and too small for that rear.

Also some screwy flares on and over the fenders, especially the rears. That straight diagonal edge doesn't really flow with a rounded fender flare.

Digging the bottom of the rear bumper and the upper half of the car though.
even though my take was the 67 eleanor for the tailights, and some saleen s281 for the area around it, I have to admit it does look chalengerish like you say. I am considering adding a duck tail like in the cobras to change that challenger look and making those lights look more futuristic but keeping the over lines of the since I like them too much. Perhaps diving them in two will do the trick since my idea is not to make them look as if they are one but two, so maybe I should paint the middle red. About the lines I do need more work since the top line below the side window should go all the way to the front and the one in the top above the rear tire space shouldnt even be there.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:44 AM
rwh129
4th Gear Member

Cool Picture..I kinda like the look.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:27 AM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

I like the drawing. I think it's important to keep in mind that these drawings usually don't look very close to the actual car when it finally comes out. I am a bit surprised that so many people dislike the tail lights. Very unique to the GT500 theme.

I'm curious to see if the new Mustang will stick to the "retro" design, or take a more futuristic approach.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AmericanICON
I like the drawing. I think it's important to keep in mind that these drawings usually don't look very close to the actual car when it finally comes out. I am a bit surprised that so many people dislike the tail lights. Very unique to the GT500 theme.

I'm curious to see if the new Mustang will stick to the "retro" design, or take a more futuristic approach.
I am hoping it takes a more futuristic approach as well, kind of what they did with the new edge mustang, not the design language but the idea of a modern muscle car. I am with you on the tailights I had them different in the first stages of the drawing but decided to change them at the end. I have small video of the process in youtube.

http://youtu.be/gzZpEYAa4OA
Old 06-03-2011, 03:17 PM
britt12640
2nd Gear Member

Ford has already said that in 2014 they are taking a more futuristic/modern approach for the 50th anniversary(I think that's the righ year) and steering away from the retro design.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:39 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

OP, have anything on the front yet ? I'd like to see that aspect.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

I like it, just think the rear of the door "blending" into the qtr panel looks odd, other than that, bad ***!

Quick Reply: 2014 GT500 concept