Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

R.I.P SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Default RE: R.I.P SRT-4

where is this AWD talk coming from? the caliber is supposed built on a lancer platform, and the one that i saw, was FWD.

panasyncp17, you dont consider the SRT-4 to be in the same class as the evo and STi because its only FWD? i think that its fairly respectable that it can compete with the AWD turbo cars as well as it does...as ive seen plenty of bad drivers in all three, oddly enough, i seem to see more good drivers in STis, and some of the worst have been in SRT4s (usually modded) and Evos...they should include driving lessons with the cost of those cars....
Old 09-01-2005, 10:34 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

And not every one who has an SRT-4 is a ricer. If that was true, then I could say every one who owned a Mustang was a white boy who lived in a trailer. (not that they are, just an example)
i CAN NOT believe you guys let him get away with this, thats a horrible comparison,, youve obviously got the Trailor Park Cadillac confused with the Mustang

its camaro owners that ALL live in trailors, no ifs, ands, or buts, about it..
Old 09-01-2005, 11:51 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

All Dodge has is the Charger and SuperBee Ram? Are you referring to what they have performance wise?

Neon SRT-4/Caliber SRT-4
Charger R/T
Charger SRT-8
Magnum R/T
Magnum SRT-8

Challenger SRT-8 (coming soon)
Ram SRT-10
Viper SRT-10
(Chrysler and Jeep)
Sebring TSi (coming soon)
Crossfire SRT-6
300C SRT-8
Jeep Cherokee SRT-8

You really dont consider these "real performance" cars, do you?[&:]
Old 09-02-2005, 04:22 AM
MidnightBlueNeon
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

where is this AWD talk coming from? the caliber is supposed built on a lancer platform, and the one that i saw, was FWD.

panasyncp17, you dont consider the SRT-4 to be in the same class as the evo and STi because its only FWD? i think that its fairly respectable that it can compete with the AWD turbo cars as well as it does...as ive seen plenty of bad drivers in all three, oddly enough, i seem to see more good drivers in STis, and some of the worst have been in SRT4s (usually modded) and Evos...they should include driving lessons with the cost of those cars....
First, I garuntee you there will be more horses in the 2.4L. and then there is this from Emunds and Allpar...

Updated 8-16-05. “As quoted in Edmund’s.â€

Our source really came through — the Caliber is exactly what we were told it would be. Some of the more exciting items that were predicted: the choice of two or four wheel drive. Our 'Cuda-fan source was also right when he said, “The Caliber pictures are 98% identical to what the pilots look like! The aluminum wheels are wider on the 5 spokes. Most of the last of the PMs have been AWD!â€
------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

All Dodge has is the Charger and SuperBee Ram? Are you referring to what they have performance wise?

Neon SRT-4/Caliber SRT-4
Charger R/T
Charger SRT-8
Magnum R/T
Magnum SRT-8

Challenger SRT-8 (coming soon)
Ram SRT-10
Viper SRT-10
(Chrysler and Jeep)
Sebring TSi (coming soon)
Crossfire SRT-6
300C SRT-8
Jeep Cherokee SRT-8

You really dont consider these "real performance" cars, do you?[&:]
OK take away the TSi and Neon SRT-4, then yes, i do. I suppose you will comment on 4-doors.

-------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

And not every one who has an SRT-4 is a ricer. If that was true, then I could say every one who owned a Mustang was a white boy who lived in a trailer. (not that they are, just an example)
i CAN NOT believe you guys let him get away with this, thats a horrible comparison,, youve obviously got the Trailor Park Cadillac confused with the Mustang

its camaro owners that ALL live in trailors, no ifs, ands, or buts, about it..
I didn't say it was true. But it is commonly said, just as it's commonly said that all SRT-4's owners are ricers.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:58 AM
buscg

I have to say I dont mind the Neon Srt4. I dont like getting beat by one at the track but better it than a civic. The new car looks like some sort of pontiac vibe. (excuse me while I swallow down my vomit!) what is dodge thinking. I almost couldnt believe it when they introduced the charger and it had 4 doors. The Duke boys would roll over in their graves!
Old 09-02-2005, 04:00 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

Personally I never thought the newer neons looked that bad. There are pos mechanically but I never thought they looked bad. The SRT-4 was the greatest thing dodge has done in probably 10 years. Its an affordable car that can easily run 12s with 2 grand of work put into it. I have 2 buddies with them and even though they sound like crap they fly. Those things stock can take a 99-04 gt stock and woop its *** in the 1/4.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Dodge has hit a new low. I'm giving up on dodge. Expect the next Viper to have a big chrome square grille, 4 doors, and a rear that would make you confuse it with a family car.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:27 AM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Ill be wanting a Neon now since im paying $3.09 for gas knocks my socks off Yikes! My GT is now sitting in the garage![:@]
Old 09-04-2005, 02:29 AM
HxCory
2nd Gear Member

One of these stock SRT4's was reving at my friends stock Cobalt, I know the SRT4 would whip it, cause the turbo vs all stock, anyways. The guy was an ******* and said he has taken a Mach 1 who was completly stock, is this possible? I think the Mach1 has about 70 more horses but it also outweighs it by almost 800 pounds.

BTW the new thing is ugly >>
Old 09-04-2005, 03:28 AM

ORIGINAL: HxCory

One of these stock SRT4's was reving at my friends stock Cobalt, I know the SRT4 would whip it, cause the turbo vs all stock, anyways. The guy was an ******* and said he has taken a Mach 1 who was completly stock, is this possible? I think the Mach1 has about 70 more horses but it also outweighs it by almost 800 pounds.

BTW the new thing is ugly >>
not only was the guy an *******, he's a fuggin moron too. I hate people who talk crap.

Quick Reply: R.I.P SRT-4