Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Aftermarket Instruments

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 07:23 AM
rsusmark

Default Aftermarket Instruments

Hey Everyone, I have had an issue that you might all like to know about to possibly save yourselves some trouble. I bought an aftermarket instrument cluster from one of our trusted sources and while I have no issue whatsoever with them, the manufacturerer and their supplier are to be watched. The instrument group is made by MP Products from Prescott Valley, AZ and while they look nice in the catalog and not too bad in the car, this stuff is not quality made. My speedo head was bad from the get-go and since I had been at MP Products and met the folks there, I figured I would just send the head back to them for replacement. Well, they "lost" it for months during a move, they say. I discovered that the instrument itself was made by a company called Thomas Faria in New England. I called them and have never encountered such rude, unhelpful, uncaring people in all of my dealings with vendors. All I wanted was for them to make one phone call to put some pressure on MP since MP Products were no longer answering my calls or returning them when I left messages. It wasn't until I threatened to drag Faria and MP Products into court that Faria made a half baked effort to appease me....by building the wrong speedo head! They are a small company (300 employees) but their people on the phone make it sound like they are a multi billion dollar company with worldwide facilities. It was only under pressure that they even admitted selling product to MP Products. Just a heads up for you all, lots of problems, marginal product and after all of this, the replacement that I finally got from MP Products is the most inaccurate speedometer ever built! I am sure there are better sources for your build than these guys.....