Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners Suing Ford Over Overheating Gearboxes

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 10:46 PM
MustangForums Editor
MustangForums Editor

Default Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners Suing Ford Over Overheating Gearboxes

Owners of the Shelby GT350 today opened a class-action lawsuit against Ford over transmissions and differentials that allegedly overheat at high speeds (especially during track use), sending the cars into limp mode. Sport mode is good. Track mode is good. But limp mode? Not good.

Read more...
Old 03-23-2017, 01:38 PM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

" to be reimbursed for the full price of the vehicle they thought was a “street-legal track car, capable of reaching and sustaining high speeds without failure.” The lawsuit also wants Ford to pay for the decline in vehicle value, punitive damages, and it wants an order “enjoining Ford’s deceptive marketing and sales acts and practices. "
I wonder if that includes the ADM some buyers paid ???
Old 03-23-2017, 02:56 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Common sense and money don't often go hand-in-hand when dealing with things like cars. Even I know that the GT350R is meant for racing/tracking. The GT350 is just the street version and I'm not even in the market. Its called, read the specifications and what options there are available and what they do.

The people suing probably couldn't get a GT350R because of availability or didn't want to spend the extra money and thought Hey a GT350 is a GT350 so they bought the bargain model and beat the crap out of it and when it broke, they cry foul.

Even the owners manual states on page 12: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...US_11_2015.pdf

" Using your vehicle on a dedicated road
course may result in degraded function
and failure of major systems such as the
engine, transmission and rear axle due to
the overheating of these systems. If you
intend to use your vehicle on a dedicated
road course, we suggest that you equip
your vehicle with racing-type coolers to
protect these three systems."

Guess what the Track Package offers? Anyone....Anyone? Coolers for these systems....
Ah Doy! Can't fix stupid.

Last edited by Derf00; 03-23-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:24 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
"
I wonder if that includes the ADM some buyers paid ???
IF they were successful it would not include the ADM. They didn't pay that to Ford, they paid ADM to the dealer.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:40 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Common sense and money don't often go hand-in-hand when dealing with things like cars. Even I know that the GT350R is meant for racing/tracking. The GT350 is just the street version and I'm not even in the market. Its called, read the specifications and what options there are available and what they do.

The people suing probably couldn't get a GT350R because of availability or didn't want to spend the extra money and thought Hey a GT350 is a GT350 so they bought the bargain model and beat the crap out of it and when it broke, they cry foul.

Even the owners manual states on page 12: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...US_11_2015.pdf

" Using your vehicle on a dedicated road
course may result in degraded function
and failure of major systems such as the
engine, transmission and rear axle due to
the overheating of these systems. If you
intend to use your vehicle on a dedicated
road course, we suggest that you equip
your vehicle with racing-type coolers to
protect these three systems."

Guess what the Track Package offers? Anyone....Anyone? Coolers for these systems....
Ah Doy! Can't fix stupid.
And there is your disclaimer, case dismissed.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:52 PM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
IF they were successful it would not include the ADM. They didn't pay that to Ford, they paid ADM to the dealer.
Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the dealership buy the car from Ford, & then sell it to the consumer ?
Old 03-24-2017, 12:54 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Yes they do, and Ford has a manufacture suggested retail price which happens to be the window sticker. If the dealer sells it for more or less than that window sticker, the additional or loss of sum goes on the dealership.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:48 PM
JimC

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the dealership buy the car from Ford, & then sell it to the consumer ?
Originally Posted by ucinn
Yes they do, and Ford has a manufacture suggested retail price which happens to be the window sticker. If the dealer sells it for more or less than that window sticker, the additional or loss of sum goes on the dealership.
Correct. And Ford can tell dealers that if they do the ADM, they will lose allocation of special vehicles. They haven't done it in awhile, but did several years ago.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:29 PM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

So the...." to be reimbursed for the full price of the vehicle " would include any ADM that was paid ?
Old 03-25-2017, 04:12 PM
JimC

So the...." to be reimbursed for the full price of the vehicle " would include any ADM that was paid ?
No it would not. They did not pay the ADM to Ford, they paid the dealer the ADM and so unless they included the dealer in the lawsuit all they are going to get from Ford is the MSRP.

Did you not read the "correct me if I am wrong" post above?

Quick Reply: Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners Suing Ford Over Overheating Gearboxes