Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Unlikely or Ungodly Union: 1000hp Vette Powered Mustang

Old 09-06-2011, 03:11 PM
wynner

Smile A four-seater Corvette - who woulda thought?

Interesting concept, certainly more money than I would place in such a beast but certainly impressive outcome. I have now owned both, currently driving a Corvette but must admit I really enjoyed the GT. Clever way to haul the kids...
Old 09-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

Would I have dumped that much cash into it? No. Do I have a problem with a Chevy/Ford hybrid? Not at all.

I feel much better about my plan of swapping out my 6er for a Chevy 350 now though.

Hoose
Old 09-06-2011, 04:18 PM
mrcoordination

Im not going to deny that its done right, but stop putting chevy motors in fords. It makes absolutely no sence. Find a totaled 6.2 raptor and put that in it be different. Its what everyone does, 'Lets put a vette motor in it.' Go buy a corvette if you like the motor so much.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrcoordination
Im not going to deny that its done right, but stop putting chevy motors in fords. It makes absolutely no sence. Find a totaled 6.2 raptor and put that in it be different. Its what everyone does, 'Lets put a vette motor in it.' Go buy a corvette if you like the motor so much.
They can't afford a Corvette, lol. Look at what these disloyal people drive. Most of them have old v6 mustangs. Only thing they can afford is a scrap yard Chevy motor and trans

Last edited by Bmr4life; 09-06-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:34 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrcoordination
What? This guy might have gotten the motor for a steal or a salvage or something... Probably how most people come across those motors (I would presume?) and instead you want that same person with a sub 35K car to go and buy a car that costs at minimum 50K?

I dunno about finances (never looked into costs for swaps) but it seems like a cool enough idea... Although a lot of that power goes to waste like bmr4life said.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:47 PM
mgturbo1

Originally Posted by simplexdesign
He could have bought a GT500 and easily got enough power out of it to beat a ZR1. Seems like a big waste of money to me.
ditto
Old 09-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
What? This guy might have gotten the motor for a steal or a salvage or something... Probably how most people come across those motors (I would presume?) and instead you want that same person with a sub 35K car to go and buy a car that costs at minimum 50K?

I dunno about finances (never looked into costs for swaps) but it seems like a cool enough idea... Although a lot of that power goes to waste like bmr4life said.
Which guy? Definitely not the one in the article that spent $150k on the swap.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:09 PM
lethe

they make it sound like its the first GM motor ever put into a mustang or a ford for that matter. the only thing that makes this any different is the amount of money spent on the build and that its a newer mustang. my question is if the original owner had that kind of money, why the hell did he buy a plain mustang gt instead of a super snake or some kind of exotic super car to begin with?
Old 09-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lethe
they make it sound like its the first GM motor ever put into a mustang or a ford for that matter. the only thing that makes this any different is the amount of money spent on the build and that its a newer mustang. my question is if the original owner had that kind of money, why the hell did he buy a plain mustang gt instead of a super snake or some kind of exotic super car to begin with?
Way more money than brains.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:08 PM
jbeachler

I grew up a GM fan, particularly Chevy, until I bought my first Mustang. I like the idea of this beast. It'll smoke anything that wants to run against it, and Chevy or Ford, you don't have to try too hard to find something to like about it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Unlikely or Ungodly Union: 1000hp Vette Powered Mustang