Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Edmunds.com 100 greatest vehicle of all time

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 12:57 AM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

Default Edmunds.com 100 greatest vehicle of all time

this list is interesting good to see the mustang was on there actually alot of fords are on there check it out for yourself

http://www.insideline.com/features/t...-all-time.html
Old 08-16-2011, 01:06 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Any list that has the prius on it, I simply cannot take seriously... But in truth, not a bad one.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:15 AM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

I feelyou but in reality some people like the prius not my kinda of car but not everyone is into mustangs either I think the list is trying to reflect alot of taste I wish ford had taken the initiative and made something like thethe prius ( albet better looking) before toyota ever did Maybe things would be different.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:23 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Yeah American manufacturers in general should have caught onto the hybrid phase sooner IMO (probably a legit reason as to why they didn't). But the prius isn't even a "eco-friendly" car in its own right- aside from the battery and (as of late) so-so gas mileage compared to some of the new small cars coming out with not necessarily better but definitely competitive mpgs (fiesta, etc.), the prius seems to be a dying gimmick IMO.

I mean, the nickel that gets smelted for that battery alone is probably causing more harm than good, then there's that "energy consumed" analysis some people did on the prius about how the hummer uses less over a 1 year period... But idk, maybe I am wrong.

Still an enjoyable article though, I liked that they got the lambo SUV in there =)
Old 08-16-2011, 11:29 PM
mustangfan410
The 2014 Mustang Forums T-Shirt Design Winner

I thought the mustang would be a little higher up than 15, but at least it beat the camaro.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:10 AM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

Originally Posted by boomee
I feelyou but in reality some people like the prius not my kinda of car but not everyone is into mustangs either I think the list is trying to reflect alot of taste I wish ford had taken the initiative and made something like thethe prius ( albet better looking) before toyota ever did Maybe things would be different.
some one once told me that the prius was intentionally designed that way. it was meant to show you care about the environment. in other words it was aesthetically designed to single you out as a pretentious *******, that (let's face it) only PRETENDS to care about the enivronment. if i wanted a good high mpg car id buy a geo metro.

the real future is going to be in full electric cars. the way I see it, to truly help the environment (and the economy) we need a fleet of consumer-level all-electric cars. make all the compact cars and mini vans electric. this would create jobs since manufacturers will need to retrofit their plants, and more components to build the batteries for the cars. that means more mining jobs (nickle or some other material). how ever the problem is that we need to upgrade our power grid to put out the increase in power need for these cars. that means more power generation jobs. some one will need to put up the extra wiring. and gas stations would need to change over to half gas half quick-charge electric. some would elect to build all electric stations so more people would be needed to build THOSE stations. the problem is that we need to have more generating stations built. more jobs in construction. here is where we meet a huge hurdle. how do we generate that much power? solar is expensive and as of yet in-efficient for such a high volume operation. hydro-electric is restricted to bodies of water. wind is just not practical. nuclear is the answer. but not fission. we need cheap reliable FUSION power. if we can mange to get here A LOT of our countries problems will be solved. at the very least lessened. sorry for the tangent.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:20 AM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

I am very aware that the prius isnt actually that enviormentlly safe I never even said I liked it I just said that I wish US manufactuares would have caught on faster insted of sitting on there butts thats all I dont need you all to point out the fact of the prius. besides we are going off the topic a little I think this is about the entire list and not just one or 2 cars . again I am happy to see the mustang at # 15
Old 08-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

I saw that list and while Id like to see the Mustang up higher as the longest running american car, the 14 cars above it on the list are all pretty impressive in their own right.

we have the 1982 mustang at 57 and the 1964 mustang at 15...it seems to me that they excluded a great many amazing cars...especially with regard to the new 5.0 models.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

My question is HOW THE HELL did the 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 come in at 52? That should have been way higher.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:25 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

Originally Posted by Demon 340
I saw that list and while Id like to see the Mustang up higher as the longest running american car, the 14 cars above it on the list are all pretty impressive in their own right.

we have the 1982 mustang at 57 and the 1964 mustang at 15...it seems to me that they excluded a great many amazing cars...especially with regard to the new 5.0 models.
wouldnt that be the 'vette?

Quick Reply: Edmunds.com 100 greatest vehicle of all time