Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

For Michigan Drivers....

Old 08-27-2011, 08:56 PM
rsusmark

Default For Michigan Drivers....

Hi All, Cruisin back from the car show in Marquette, happy as can be and what do I see in my rear view but a blue SUV with a blinking red light! Turns out this good intentioned state trooper has it in his head that my AUTHENTIC 65 Plates are not legal to go to or come from car shows and such. Basically told me I was on the road illegally which I knew I wasn't but never argue with the man with the big hat and badge....Anyway, re-researched the subject and on the Michigan SOS site, there is a clarification on this very subject and YES, you are allowed to drive to and from these events as well as club events and even for mechanical work. I printed out the letter posted on the site and will now carry it with me in the car should this issue come up again. Now I have to make amends on the other things he wrote me up for since I was being a bad boy... GRRR. Hopefully I can work my way out of the other stuff but if you have historic or authentic plates on your car in Michigan (perhaps elsewhere too) you ARE legal to drive to and from events, just be sure you can prove that there is an event and you are go to it or coming from it, otherwise they are in the right and you get a ticket for no valid plate! Hope this helps someone out there... Reid
Old 09-04-2011, 01:21 AM
stangoutlaw
1st Gear Member

keep us updated