Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Idiot Removes Governor on V6 Mustang, Driveshaft Removes Itself

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Jizz
2nd Gear Member

Hey Ford said it, I just passed it on.

Last edited by Jizz; 01-05-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:19 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jizz
Hey Ford said it not me. And I certainly am not the one bashing anyone. I stated facts.
What outdated 1970s quote did you pick that up from?

That is an opinion, not a fact. Do you have sources? Has this been tested with hard data and factual numbers? What is the ratio of secretaries to normal people who own v6 mustangs?

P.S. Carol Shelby doesn't represent Ford.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Jizz
2nd Gear Member

Sorry if I offened anyone, sheesh, did not figure anyone would get all butt hurt. Ok, I take it back.

Better?
Old 01-05-2012, 02:42 PM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jizz
What has Jizz learned from this thread...

Jizz has learned that the Mustang has done what it has always been designed to do;

V6 Mustang = Secretary car. A car for women to look good and feel good driving

V8 Mustang = Enthusiast car that is designed to be driven a bit more on the edge.

<my best surprise look>
-_-

...**** like this
Old 01-06-2012, 12:20 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

egg-crate or not the engine is solid. I'll spend a little change to get it where I'm happy, and safe for higher speeds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVFsq...eature=related

@Jizz, no one is butt-hurt, however the criticism that comes into this thread are v8 owners talking sh|t. Otherwise, it's people discussing the pros-cons of moving to aluminum DS's, and where the heck to get one of these rare beasts. I wonder, if V8 owners are having a dose of 'lil man attitude' like the 5'8" and under guys with trucks 'they' need stepladders to get into.. (Yes that is a dig, but only if you take offense - LOL)

If folks would do some digging instead of just reactionary replying (if you're actually interested and not trying to beef your post count), people would also see Shaftmasters stopped making their v6 shafts, and there are many discussions on many forums and shaftmasters site as well, about the issue being harmonic imbalance, coupled with extreme heat as the culprit. (Again, a build flaw, and why v6 folks are like, durr wtf?) Most of these DS's have gone out on Dynos. As for this kid's video, who the Hell knows what else he did to the poor car, and funny timing to suddenly decide to tape your high speeds just as the car grenades.

The more i see the video and think about it, the more I think this kid abused his car many times, before this failure...

The majority of owners in here (many v6 and some v8 btw) are discussing how it happened, why it happened, how could something so crappy be installed in a 300+hp stock car - and what we can do to protect our 'modded' cars from the same result (You know, Mustang Forums, where people come to build cars and modify them 'above and beyond' how they are sold).

Ford doesn't seem to think they are secretary cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAX550biM7c

If so that 'secretary' is obviously breaking the law with that speeding downtown, eh?

At the end of the day, it's just internet banter, so STFU and with me..
Old 01-06-2012, 12:48 PM
bigstick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayyVee
Even B&B grew up..

2. While debating and discussion is fine, respect your fellow enthusiasts. Being of a diverse background, members are likely to express different opinions, and while opinions may differ from yours, they are just that, opinions; and everyone is entitled to express theirs freely. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, or platform bashing (V6 versus V8, SN95 versus S197, etc). Do not flame, bother, bug, disrespect, hound or taunt ANYONE on the forums or through private messaging or chat room. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close or delete it. You can/will lose your posting privileges if you continue this type of behavior.
Really? You thought that was offensive?
Old 01-06-2012, 12:56 PM
bigstick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
What outdated 1970s quote did you pick that up from?

That is an opinion, not a fact. Do you have sources? Has this been tested with hard data and factual numbers? What is the ratio of secretaries to normal people who own v6 mustangs?

P.S. Carol Shelby doesn't represent Ford.
True, it is opinion not fact. But google it and come up with 4 million distinct references...

Ford may not have intended it that way, but if a large segment of the population (including Mustang enthusiasts) considers it as such, the label sticks.

Draw your own conclusions.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:33 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigstick
True, it is opinion not fact. But google it and come up with 4 million distinct references...

Ford may not have intended it that way, but if a large segment of the population (including Mustang enthusiasts) considers it as such, the label sticks.

Draw your own conclusions.
lol big stick is actually close to the name you portray. . . . .now what conclusion did you draw from that ! so if a vette owner tells you that your car isn't really a sports car you won't defend it? C'MON MAN!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:15 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Very lucky he didn't kill somebody or himself.....live and learn pricey experience to say the least !
Old 01-06-2012, 08:28 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigstick
Really? You thought that was offensive?

Personally offended no, tired of 3 sentence insults w/o people reading just to sound smart, and stroke themselves about their V8? (On a forum about 'modding' our cars and making them better anyway?)

Yes.

Will I get over it?

I have a nice iced, C&C in hand, as I spin around the 'net tonight, I'm quite content..

Quick Reply: Idiot Removes Governor on V6 Mustang, Driveshaft Removes Itself