Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

When can the 2013 Mustang be had?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 03:50 PM
TheMarco
2nd Gear Member

Default When can the 2013 Mustang be had?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere already but I've searched quite a bit and didn't manage to find an answer.

I'm in the market for a new ride and the 2013 Mustang looks mighty tasty to me. Question is though: How long would I need to wait to get one? Anyone know when they're gonna be at the dealers and / or when I'd get it if I would order one now?

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:01 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

I did a cars.com search and found several dealers in my area showing listings for the 2013 but none had actual pictures (which means they don't have the cars yet) and some showed "incoming" or something else in the description, so I bet you could walk into your dealership and order one right now, wait time is usually 6-8 weeks I think.

Last edited by mph07alloy; 03-13-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:19 PM
jcieutat
2nd Gear Member

I spoke to Ford today and they advised that they will hit the lot at the end of the month. A few dealers around here are starting to list them in their inventory. Ford also advised that you can order them now.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Shotgun Love
3rd Gear Member

This spring. Looking like end of April at this point.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:00 AM
jcieutat
2nd Gear Member

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company. We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Ford Motor Company family over the years. We appreciate your interest in the 2013 Ford Mustang. The 2013 Ford Mustang gets even more technology upgrades including Track Apps, which delivers performance metrics through a 4.2-inch LCD productivity screen. Designed with enthusiasts in mind, it measures g forces, shows acceleration times in quarter-mile and 0-60 increments, and displays braking times complete with automatic and countdown starts.

The 2013 Ford GT and V6 Mustangs are expected to be on dealership lots by the end of March 2012. The 2013 Ford Mustang GT and V6 models are available for ordering at this time. Please see your local dealership for complete ordering options and details.

To learn more about all of the incentives currently available towards the purchase of a new 2012 and 2013 Ford Mustangs, please contact our Marketing Program Headquarters at 1-800-334-4375. We are here Monday – Friday, 9 A.M. – 6 P.M. to assist you. When you call, we can also send you a brochure or set up a demonstration drive at a time and location of your choice to experience the 2013 Ford Mustang first hand once it becomes available.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,
Candice
Ford Motor Company
Ford Marketing Program Headquarters
Old 03-15-2012, 01:30 PM
TheMarco
2nd Gear Member

Ok so I just contacted my nearest dealership and they tell me they won't be able to put in orders till May

What the heck? Is this just this dealer being boneheaded or do I really have to wait that long if I want a 2013 Stang?
Old 03-16-2012, 06:19 AM
jcieutat
2nd Gear Member

I would go with bonehead. I have been in communications with a few dealers in my area and almost ordered one yesterday at a dealership. Surprisingly, they were willing to negotiate on a pretty good price ($500 above invoice including a ordering fee) considering they are the new model.

I would visit another dealer.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:15 PM
munch
DO NOT TRUST THIS MEMBER - http://mustangforums.com/forum/forum-issues-and-feedback/723187-fraud-user-name-munch.html

I also heard end of April
Old 03-17-2012, 11:26 AM
TheMarco
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jcieutat
I would go with bonehead. I have been in communications with a few dealers in my area and almost ordered one yesterday at a dealership. Surprisingly, they were willing to negotiate on a pretty good price ($500 above invoice including a ordering fee) considering they are the new model.

I would visit another dealer.
Yep, you're right. I found a dealer just like that. Got an offer just like yours as well on a loaded GT. But then he also offered a Boss 302 at MSRP so I'm taking a few days to decide

It's weird how badly informed some dealers are on their OWN products...
Old 03-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Maverick302
1st Gear Member

Just came back from a quick run to a Dealership in Fremont CA to pick up some touchup paint. On the way out, I ran into the show room to see what's out there and low and behold they had a 2013 Mustang GT on display. The sticker on it was listed with only the MSRP price of $37K. They were kind of busy so no one actually came up to me about it. But for as far as I can tell it was available for sale.

My guess they should be available fairly soon. This dealer isn't considered a large volume selling place, but they aren't the smallest either.

OP: Best of luck finding the beauty you want! Take your time and like others had said visit other dealers to get the best pricing for you.

Sidenote:

The 2013 GT looks pretty damn nice and was making me feel pretty envious. I spent the time comparing the differences and snapped a few photos. Short of possibly highjacking this thread, I'd be happy to post them if the OP et all would be interested. Granted these are camera phone quality shots.

Regards,

Quick Reply: When can the 2013 Mustang be had?