Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Front License Plates

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Tman5293

Even though the front plate is required here in Texas, I don't put it on. They're ugly and ruin the look of the car. I've never been pulled over for it. Hopefully something will be done about that stupid law soon.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Stuart McWilliams
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by vbstang13
Here in Virginia they are required.

I hate the look of a front plate, my Saleen never had the bumper drilled or came with mounting brackets. I have been pulled over twice for it so I just pay the ticket and wait for the next time; I refuse to vandalize my own car.

My Boss already had the plate holder drilled in before I bought it so I'll leave the plate on until I get a new bumper.
How much are the tickets? You've got to have some money if you just continue to pay them! Almost like a guy who parks in the handicap stall and pays the $100 fine every time
Old 06-12-2012, 12:14 AM
B.Richards
1st Gear Member

I hate CA only for the front plate law!! Ha ha!!
Old 06-12-2012, 05:41 AM
theczar
2nd Gear Member

Ohio requires it... if you dont want to worry about getting a ticket and dont want to drill holes, get a hidden front bracket like they sell on AM or one of those no drill ones from Craigs custom mustang brackets ccmustangbrackets.com
Old 06-12-2012, 07:47 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

In Mass they are required if you've had your car registered in the past few years (red plate). If you have an old plate you keep moving to a new car (green plate) you don't need one. Worked out well when the 03 Cobra my dad picked up had no holes in the front bumper, so he transfered his green plate over to it.

I understand why they want the plate on the front, but my main issues is any type of "love tap" that happens in traffic will totally mess up your rear bumper if the person that hits you has a plate on the front. They are the #1 cause of damage at low speeds!
Old 06-12-2012, 04:28 PM
vbstang13
3rd Gear Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Stuart McWilliams
How much are the tickets? You've got to have some money if you just continue to pay them! Almost like a guy who parks in the handicap stall and pays the $100 fine every time
I think the ticket was around $30; twice in 6 1/2 years isn't too bad.

As for the guy who parks in the handicapped space, that is just wrong! Driver should have a mandatory court appearance with fines and 30 day suspended license and their car should be towed.

I have never nor would I ever park in the handicap spaces. Anyway they are to close to other cars, I might get a door ding.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:14 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

I hate front plates, and Connecticut requires them. Connecticut went from requiring two plates, then down to one plate. Then they went back to the two plate requirement issuing everyone new plates. I would have done the removable bracket type deal, but the previous owner had already mounted a plate on the front. He did not even bother with the ford bracket, just some huge sheet metal screws. For now I installed the ford bracket covering the holes. Later on may have the holes filled.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:48 AM
BracketRacing.com
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tman5293
Even though the front plate is required here in Texas, I don't put it on. They're ugly and ruin the look of the car. I've never been pulled over for it. Hopefully something will be done about that stupid law soon.
NJ also requires a front plate. Just get an under mounting bracket.

At $49, it's cheaper than just 1 ticket in NJ.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Stuart McWilliams
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BracketRacing.com
NJ also requires a front plate. Just get an under mounting bracket.

At $49, it's cheaper than just 1 ticket in NJ.

That is a beautiful car!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

My Cobra was never drilled for a front plate so I have yet to use one.
I guess when I get dinged I will have to get one, maybe one of those motorized retractable ones. I couldn't stand drilling holes in my front bumper.

Quick Reply: Front License Plates