Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

new Zo6 vs GT

Old 10-11-2005, 04:46 AM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Default RE: new Zo6 vs GT

Yeah, nice sig. I just wish Jessica would either A.Turn around so we could see her shake her fine **** baby feeders, or B. Move so I can get a better look at the Charger.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:26 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

hrmm.. how do the GTs respond to mods compared to the new z06? thought i read somewhere that they got like 30RWHP or something out of just putting on headers on a z06.

i haven't heard of anybody modding their GT. hell, i haven't heard of anyone that would drive their GT let alone mod it. it's just a garage warmer.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:52 AM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

yeah the new ZO6 is awesome, but those charts can't be accurate ...if the vette has better 1/4 mile, better roadhandling and better braking then why is it slower on a track ??? something's wrong here. and the vette has always been renowned for being a better road carver and having better brakes than a viper yet the charts give all the props to the viper ? smells fishy
Old 10-25-2005, 10:33 AM
TattooTears
4th Gear Member

All I can say is that Z06 is one badass car, and as it was already stated dollar for dollar nothing else out there can compare to what you are geting for that price.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:41 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TattooTears

All I can say is that Z06 is one badass car, and as it was already stated dollar for dollar nothing else out there can compare to what you are geting for that price.
i totally agree with you.

but that chart = bulls**t!
Old 10-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

I do believe they were using GM supplied figures. When R & T did their own independant test, the #'s weren't quite so impressive. As more people get their hands on a new ZO6, more real world figures should surface and we should have a better picture of what this car can do. Tell you what, one thing that was very surprising to me is the Viper's braking vs the Vette. The Viper kills the Vette. In a real world test, I would have trouble believing the Viper could outbrake the vette that much.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:55 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

I do believe they were using GM supplied figures. When R & T did their own independant test, the #'s weren't quite so impressive. As more people get their hands on a new ZO6, more real world figures should surface and we should have a better picture of what this car can do. Tell you what, one thing that was very surprising to me is the Viper's braking vs the Vette. The Viper kills the Vette. In a real world test, I would have trouble believing the Viper could outbrake the vette that much.
i'd have alot of trouble believing that too, the viper weights 300+ pounds more than the vette, unless the SRT10 is WORLDS AND WORLDS apart from the viper GTS than non of the stats make any sense. back in 01 when they tested the cobra R vs. the vette vs. the viper ...the only place the viper would take victory was on the 1/4 mile and top speed ...in braking and handling it was dead last and got raped on the track by both. can't wait to see the real world numbers, those figures ain't right, yes it's going to be an awesome car and nothing much can be compared to it dollar wise but i really don't see it being compared to a GT, i'd bet ALOT of money it would be a humiliation to see this on a track.

GT>VETTE>VIPER
Old 10-25-2005, 09:05 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 65 LT1

well not to be a dick but....
owend!
That chart is a load of ****. Are you actually telling me nobody saw they have the GT listed at only a 12.0 flat in the 1/4 mile????

If you cannot get a GT deep into the 11s you are totally worthless, even on a suspension that is competely not setup for drag racing.

And there is no way, no how, that the Z will outhandle a GT. The GT is a purpose built race car that is just barely street legal.

I notice they also show the SRT-10 right at a 12.0 (acutally more than that). Your telling me a 550 horsepower car cannot break past the 12s?????

Car and driver is bull**** anyway. I have said since highschool they are heavly biased towards GM, even though they hate all of the domestic cars anyway (just GM a little less).

Lets see a vid on a road course and see what happens
Old 10-26-2005, 02:57 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

Im am very excited to see the new zo6 on the street. Its a very impressive car. The corvette is definetly one of the best bang for the buck cars.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:37 AM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

to be real if the ford motor company were to drop the gt into lemans with the new vettes, ford would totally strip out that car, and it would probably after a year of tunung hit a 1 2 3 finish like they did before.

also about the brakes

my 03 stock stang GT brakes as good, if not better than
my dad's 02 vette

my car also weighs a surprising 207lbs less
and they are both stock

this was quoted by him so its not just me talking

vettes have always hade issues with brakes especially cooling in general

[IMG]local://upfiles/22769/6FBD877A2B084BC4BC4E3C3108EF9491.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/22769/FC9A55F3EF8247A2A8C854FEAFA26860.jpg[/IMG]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new Zo6 vs GT