Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

new Zo6 vs GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 03:56 AM
TattooTears
4th Gear Member

Default RE: new Zo6 vs GT

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

I do believe they were using GM supplied figures. When R & T did their own independant test, the #'s weren't quite so impressive. As more people get their hands on a new ZO6, more real world figures should surface and we should have a better picture of what this car can do. Tell you what, one thing that was very surprising to me is the Viper's braking vs the Vette. The Viper kills the Vette. In a real world test, I would have trouble believing the Viper could outbrake the vette that much.
Thats one thing that caught my eye aswell. Its hard to beleive that the distance is that far apart between the 2 cars.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:35 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

yeah i think Car & Driver is a buch of SH*T as well. They always make ford look bad. Comparing Mustang GT's with high end Corvettes and Vipers and then ending the article with "see! ford suck! even though these cars are in completely different performance classes!".

i hate that magazine. the GT deserves more respect that what it gets from them. i think the charts are off.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:35 PM
95StangCobra
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shifty101Easy

yeah i think Car & Driver is a buch of SH*T as well. They always make ford look bad. Comparing Mustang GT's with high end Corvettes and Vipers and then ending the article with "see! ford suck! even though these cars are in completely different performance classes!".

i hate that magazine. the GT deserves more respect that what it gets from them. i think the charts are off.

I agree, but you still have to give credit where credit is due. That z06 and the viper srt-10 are amazing rides. Both of these cars are cheaper the the ford GT. With the extra money you save from buying the z06 you could put all that money into the z06 and make it faster then the GT. That is just My opinion.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:42 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 95StangCobra

ORIGINAL: Shifty101Easy

I agree, but you still have to give credit where credit is due. That z06 and the viper srt-10 are amazing rides. Both of these cars are cheaper the the ford GT. With the extra money you save from buying the z06 you could put all that money into the z06 and make it faster then the GT. That is just My opinion.
althought what you said is very true, i believe these arguments have no place in factory vs factory debates, it just pushes the real issue aside wich is comparing a Z06 to GT. yes price is definetly a factor in the debate but you could also buy an R1 and add a shot of n2o and blast away pretty much anything on the street for under 6k but i wouldn't see the point in comparing it to a GT or Z06.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:36 AM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

All three are cool cars but I would prefer a viper or around the GT price range haw about an S7