Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Ceramic Buttons -Pins

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 10:20 PM
sun car

Default Ceramic Buttons -Pins

One the best parts of my job is that I get to talk to creative people from all walks of life. I get to visit their studios and have fun discussions about art and craft and the compulsion to make things with our hands and how that fuels many of our creative journeys.

I spend a great deal of time recording podcasts and interviewing people for my newspaper column and independent magazine. Jean Buttons With Ceramicbagues femmeCollecting these stories often inspires me to step outside my comfort zone of crafts involving primarily fabric and yarn and try mediums that I don’t normally work with.

As I mentioned in my last post, a recent trip to Jeff Rottman’s pottery studio inspired me to bring my family in for a quick pottery session. Jeff makes impressive dinnerware, something that’s a bit more complicated than it looks. It’s unlikely that I will ever become an accomplished potter, but I do enjoy working with clay.

On today’s “Take Five” segment I’ll be showing viewers how to make simple ceramic pins and pendants. If you want to get into the more complicated stuff, you can sign up for a workshop at Jeff’s studio (or one in your local community of you don’t live in West Michigan). He offers classes for kids and adults interested in learning how to make slab and coil creations. Check out my last post for details on his Valentine’s pottery workshop for couples.

Here are some photos of my latest batch of buttons and pins that Jeff fired for me. I’ll post the TV clip from today’s segment after the show.Have you seen some of the great work BOC artists are doing with Ceramic Decals?

In the recent issue of Creative Jewelry there is a wonderful example of a ceramic decal pendant by MarshaNealStudio . JoanMillerPorcelain , MarshaNealStudio and Natalie Pappas all have fine examples of their Ceramic Decal pendants and earrings in their Etsy stores. Natalie Pappas has recently posted some links on the Beads-of-Clay Yahoo group. These three women are veteran members of Beads-of-Clay and have been very instrumental in getting ceramic beads and pendants recognized as an art form.
bagues femme:
bagues femme