Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Some rumors about the specs on the 2015 Mustang and some fan rendering.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
The first one looks far too Camaro-ish imho, and the second looks like a warmed over S197.

I'm not thinking either of those are on the money.
I looked more into the Road & Track 2015 Mustang picture and a lot of people believe it could be a photoshop job.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Subbz
I looked more into the Road & Track 2015 Mustang picture and a lot of people believe it could be a photoshop job.
Everything out there right now (short of prototype shots with a pile of camo padded covers installed) is either a photoshop job or computer render based on word of mouth and guesswork unfortunately.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Everything out there right now (short of prototype shots with a pile of camo padded covers installed) is either a photoshop job or computer render based on word of mouth and guesswork unfortunately.
Exactly! Which is why I don't care what the renderings looks like. It's guesswork. Same goes for the motors.

Until Ford releases an official announcement or one of their own reps "leaks" some insight, it's all just a waste of time to worry/think about.

By the way, I hear the 2025 Mustang will drive itself and no longer have a steering wheel. It also eludes to having some type of mechanism where it can merge onto airways. Like freeways only for flying cars. Maybe for 2030??? /sarcasm.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Exactly! Which is why I don't care what the renderings looks like. It's guesswork. Same goes for the motors.

Until Ford releases an official announcement or one of their own reps "leaks" some insight, it's all just a waste of time to worry/think about.

By the way, I hear the 2025 Mustang will drive itself and no longer have a steering wheel. It also eludes to having some type of mechanism where it can merge onto airways. Like freeways only for flying cars. Maybe for 2030??? /sarcasm.
Lol it's still fun to see what other people have come up with though. It's just exciting since it's the first year they're changing from the retro style Mustang.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:54 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Subbz
Lol it's still fun to see what other people have come up with though. It's just exciting since it's the first year they're changing from the retro style Mustang.
Yea, I agree. It's gonna be hard to beat the design/style of the S197! How do you improve on awesome and the best Mustang ever??? It could only go backwards from here....hope not or Ford needs big balz to go forward!!
Old 08-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
Yea, I agree. It's gonna be hard to beat the design/style of the S197! How do you improve on awesome and the best Mustang ever??? It could only go backwards from here....hope not or Ford needs big balz to go forward!!
Yeah quite true. Though Ford has been holding it down for quite awhile. I've always liked all of their designs even the Mustang II (I just didn't like the lack of power lol). So I'm not worried with what they'll come up with. I have a feeling we'll all be pleasantly surprised with the new look. The anticipation is killing me!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:38 AM
Mr Brooksy

Just a quick note from an Aussie. The original 'publication' in question is about as trustworthy as the house of straw in the 3 little pigs story (yes I'm a dad with a little kid). So trust the details just as much. They'll most likely have one detail correct each article... like it rolls on rubber. Those clowns of journalism is at the same quality level as toilet paper.

Just to put it into perspective.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:26 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

I just hope it doesn't look like that supposed Euro/Jaguar Mustang hybrid looking thing that has been floated around... That one is much too sleek for American Muscle...
Old 08-16-2013, 06:48 AM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

The front of the rendering first made me think F-150. Weird. Of course these are just renderings after all.

Last edited by 03gt04mach1; 08-16-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:25 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

I suppose a spy photog got a shot with the camo completely removed from the front end while heat testing out west. It's supposed to be revealed tomorrow. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797

Quick Reply: Some rumors about the specs on the 2015 Mustang and some fan rendering.