Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2015 EcoBoost 6MT - best 0-60mph times?

Old 02-11-2015, 06:03 PM
draketank

yea. i am at about 15 ft above sea level. in charleston, SC right by the ocean.

i dunno. probably just an abused press car. or perhaps driver fatness =]
Old 02-11-2015, 06:07 PM
draketank

here's its monroney sticker. a press loan from ford.

here is latest Mustang COnvertible V6 automatic (the one that did a 6.7) article if you're curious.=]

http://www.car-revs-daily.com/2015/0...g-convertible/

Old 02-11-2015, 06:10 PM
TheZman
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by draketank
yea. i am at about 15 ft above sea level. in charleston, SC right by the ocean.

i dunno. probably just an abused press car. or perhaps driver fatness =]
Its really just that everything has to be perfect when trying to get good times. Ive owned so many different performance cars in my life its not even funny and its not easy to get them to do an advertised time no matter what car i tested. And i drove the crap out of them all. The biggest killer with any car with good power is always the stock tires.. wheel spin kills. and like i said factor in humidity in and everything else and good luck.. you just have to know all the other cars no matter what they are will be running slower there too in that exact moment in time. Also those on board track timers in most cars are so off and crappy its not even funny.. probably one of the worst ways to time a car..
Old 02-11-2015, 10:13 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

A. Do you really need to shift into third to hit 60?
B. You will never get 0-60 as fast in a manual, as you can with the new autos.
Case in point Hellcat faster with an auto.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:03 AM
TheZman
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
A. Do you really need to shift into third to hit 60?
B. You will never get 0-60 as fast in a manual, as you can with the new autos.
Case in point Hellcat faster with an auto.
Yep.. as said you will never get to 0-60 as fast with a manual.. pretty much goes with what i said earlier unless your a robot that shifts as fast as a computer! dosent mean the car is slower not as fast in the quarter mile which it may but the 0-60 is going to be down for sure even if its a v8.. Another point with the 0-60 time on this car is its a Turbo so if your drag racing with a Turbo your going to want the auto.. because with the auto you can hold the brake and rev the car up to build boost up in the Turbo right before you launch and take off like a rocket.. alot harder to do with the manual and is a totally different technique that takes alot of practice and still wont be as good as the auto! Manuals are better track cars! And for guys that actually want to drive there cars and be in control..not for 0-60 times..
Old 02-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

Yep.. as said you will never get to 0-60 as fast with a manual..
Well almost never...on cars with 400 hp or more...with good traction..and a good transmission.. and really good traction control.
My best time on my stock - untuned 3.7 0-60 is 5.6 seconds with 3/4 tank of gas. ( I aimed a video camera at the speedometer) With the 3.31 rear end there is only the 1st to second shift up to 64 mph, this is the easy one to power shift if the road is good..
My 3.7 6M is nearly 100 lbs lighter than the Autos which means nearly 40 hp more to the tires (using 75% for Auto, 85% for manual) and 10 hp for each 100 lb loss. That's a pretty big gap!
I've rented a couple of 3.7 autos, the transmissions shifted slowly and cut the gas a little during the shift. On a hot day with hot tires, I want to bang second as hard as possible.
On cars like the Hellcat, they are smart enough to send all the power to the road that it can handle and use traction control to save the "driver". Transmission losses don't matter at it's hp level.
On a lot of street cars, knowing your car and the road can still give you the edge over a similar car, and be a lot more fun than just mashing the gas
Old 02-12-2015, 01:17 PM
Jande063
1st Gear Member

I am not trying to be rude, but what were you using for shift points? The reason I ask is that one of the guys I instructed last season in a 2013 Dart with the little 1.4 turbo was having a similar acceleration issue, but when we played around with shifting 750 RPM below red line, it picked up almost three quarters of a second to sixty due to the factory tune falling on it's face at a certain RPM value, kind of like the EcoBoost's does.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:27 PM
draketank

Hey guys,
-- yep Ecoboost has super short first gear with the 3.55. It needs a shift to third
-- in terms of up shift revs, found best times at 5500 rpm-- 1000 below redline. Hp peak is 5300 and had read short shifting is quicker. Was for me. Running to redline pushed times to 7.5. At 5500 power shift almost no lift, still nothing faster than 6.5, even after loading tank w octane boost.

Will circle back with info when tank empties and sure it has premium.

Have Ecoboost sticks started shipping yet to consumers?

Old 02-12-2015, 06:41 PM
TheZman
1st Gear Member

As i said there are alot of factors.. But you are in South Carolina right next to the ocean.. The moist air alone right off the bat is killing your time.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:01 PM
draketank

TheZman. I appreciate your replies. Thanks.

2015 mustang Ecoboost manual owners --- best times?

Last edited by draketank; 02-13-2015 at 06:49 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 EcoBoost 6MT - best 0-60mph times?