Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Mustang Prices = S197 > New Models

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 07:04 AM
Need New One

Originally Posted by fourdegrees11
2010-2014 is S197 The later ones are just feel a little more solid.

If you really like the look that much then you should get one. With all the money you save you could throw a lot into mods (supercharger) if you want to match the go fast of a 5.0
Thanks for educating me. I didn't realize the 10-14 were included in the S197 generation. And you are right, I can get the year that appears to me the most and have some mod money.

CPTCO, you are right too. It just seemed that when I was comparing prices, the older ones where holding the value better. I searched for a website that would give resale value by year. You know, enter the year, make, and model and get the percentage of value retained from original price (or resale value).

Does anyone know of such a website?
Old 09-20-2017, 07:06 AM
Need New One

Meant to say "appeals to me most." How do I edit my own post?
Old 09-25-2017, 03:45 PM
Need New One

Well, I found most of what I was looking for. I wanted an 05-09 white manual, preferably a GT and possible a convertible. I have found a white '06 GT in immaculate (car show) condition with only 58k miles. There are only two negatives, 1) its an automatic and 2) it is too loud. From looking under the car, I see a square box where the H-pipe would be and I did not see any mufflers. So it seems like a cat delete with straight through pipes and the seller said the square box is a muffler. I don't know. The car has an aftermarket cam, headers, under drive pulley, CAI and is extremely loud. If I buy it, I would want to quiet it down just a tad. How would I do that?
Old 09-25-2017, 04:14 PM
Gravydog316
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by fourdegrees11
2010-2014 is S197 The later ones are just feel a little more solid.

If you really like the look that much then you should get one. With all the money you save you could throw a lot into mods (supercharger) if you want to match the go fast of a 5.0
05~09s look much better externally;
10~14s are slightly upgraded interiors;
15+ has the best interior
2005 with 2015 interior/engine is best
Old 09-25-2017, 05:19 PM
fourdegrees11
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Need New One
Well, I found most of what I was looking for. I wanted an 05-09 white manual, preferably a GT and possible a convertible. I have found a white '06 GT in immaculate (car show) condition with only 58k miles. There are only two negatives, 1) its an automatic and 2) it is too loud. From looking under the car, I see a square box where the H-pipe would be and I did not see any mufflers. So it seems like a cat delete with straight through pipes and the seller said the square box is a muffler. I don't know. The car has an aftermarket cam, headers, under drive pulley, CAI and is extremely loud. If I buy it, I would want to quiet it down just a tad. How would I do that?
Sounds like a good car. That exhaust looks like a Solo cat back to me just from looking at the mid muffler, and you saying there's no mufflers in the back (are there extra exhaust pipes in the back by the tips?). Adding cats back in would lower the volume, and depending on where you live make passing emissions a lot easier (no cats is illegal). You could also see about adding some axle back mufflers, or resonators behind the mid muffler.

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
05~09s look much better externally;
10~14s are slightly upgraded interiors;
15+ has the best interior
2005 with 2015 interior/engine is best
To you maybe. I dont really like the 05-09 body style at all, for retro looks I much prefer the 10-14. This is completely heresy around most old mustang forums, but I actually like the look of the 15-17 the best, just wish they didnt gain so much weight. Everyone has different tastes, and now I'm ready for
Old 09-25-2017, 05:53 PM
Need New One

[QUOTE=fourdegrees11;8602498]Sounds like a good car. That exhaust looks like a Solo cat back to me just from looking at the mid muffler, and you saying there's no mufflers in the back (are there extra exhaust pipes in the back by the tips?). Adding cats back in would lower the volume, and depending on where you live make passing emissions a lot easier (no cats is illegal). You could also see about adding some axle back mufflers, or resonators behind the mid muffler.

Is the "solo cat back" and "mid muffler" one in the same? I did not see anything other than the two pipes from the exhaust manifold to this one box then two pipes back to the two exhaust tips. Maybe I didn't look very well. The seller said that was the muffler. If so, no cats? Waiting to hear back from him.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:46 PM
fourdegrees11
1st Gear Member

Doesnt appear that they make them for 05-09 mustangs anymore, not sure if they ever did?

This is what mine looks like to give you an idea

The extra piping at the end is what I was talking about. It's a "J pipe", that cancels the exhaust resonant frequency. My car has zero drone.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:49 PM
fourdegrees11
1st Gear Member

Now that look at it again, it looks more like a MAC pro chamber

https://www.americanmuscle.com/mac-s...er-0509gt.html

They probably have the MAC boom tube axle backs

https://www.americanmuscle.com/mac-b...ck-0510gt.html

Just get a different axle back that actually has mufflers

Last edited by fourdegrees11; 09-25-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:40 PM
Need New One

Cool thanks for the picture where are the catalytic converters? What is the one square box is that a muffler?
mio
Old 09-25-2017, 08:10 PM
fourdegrees11
1st Gear Member

If it's the MAC pro chamber as pictured here that little square is an x-pipe and the muffler. If you look toward the top of the pipes there's little holes, those are o2 connections, and normally where the cats would go.