Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Mustang Prices = S197 > New Models

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 11:49 AM
Need New One

I have more information and need some opinions. The car has BBK long tube ceramic headers, BBK Underdrive Pulley System, Ford Performance Cam Shaft, JLT CAI. There are no cats installed on this car. I got a quote from a local gear head type shop. Parts and labor to install a catted x-pipe and re-tune the car is $1,000. The breakdown is: $400 for catted x-pipe, $200 for re-tune, and $200 for two hours of labor. If I wanted to add two mufflers, they said the total price would be $1,200.

Questions, would the catted x-pipe quiet this thing down to neighborhood friendly and are the prices reasonable?
Old 09-29-2017, 11:55 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Is that a dyno tune? Price is reasonable if so.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:21 PM
Need New One

Yes. Dyno tuned. Thanks.

Here's how the exhaust sounds now and I am considering the catted x-pipe and some mufflers. Not sure what muffler would be a good pairing with the catted x-pipe. I want a mild yet aggressive sound, if that makes any sense at all. I guess, neighborhood friendly would be a good way to describe what I am trying to get.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3
06GT-Exhaust.mp3 (651.7 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Need New One; 09-29-2017 at 08:49 PM.